Archived Price Match discrepancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you ever read the Target Addict blog? I read it every couple of months and saw something in there that I found confusing. Its regarding price matching from store to store. We've always been told not to do this, and I'm pretty sure it has been discussed on here as well. This website show's a statement from a Target spokesperson which suggests that we will price match prices that are different from store to store. The statement isn't worded all that well, so I might be misinterpreting it. What do you guys think?

http://target-addict.blogspot.com/2011/11/proof-that-different-targets-have.html

Side note--When I was reading this, I'm thinking prices that vary store-to-store based on market, not markdowns and such.

The impression that I got from that post was that Target wouldn't price match between stores. After all it wouldn't really make sense to do so since prices in the printed ad are the same in (almost) all stores.

This is common knowledge. Go to a different area, prices will be different. You cannot go to a store in NYC and expect the prices to be exactly the same as they would be in Bumbleville Oklahoma.

This is common knowledge. Go to a different area, prices will be different. You cannot go to a store in NYC and expect the prices to be exactly the same as they would be in Bumbleville Oklahoma.

Yes. I get that. Not really sure if you read my question. The part I'm talking about is "Target accepts price-match on items in the same store where the item was purchased." To me, that sounds like price matching from store-to-store, kinda... I think I'm the only one reading it that way. I just don't get what else it could be referring to. It doesn't sound like he is talking about our typical price match policy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back