Archived Price Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. But she didn't have the actual print ad with her. She wanted to just show it to me on her phone (not allowed). So, (this was before I knew there was an error) I attempted to vibe with the guest and pull the product up on walmart.com, since I figured their sale prices would be the same on their website. When it came up for the $85, or whatever, on walmart.com, I declined the price match and told her I would need to see the paper ad. She got pretty ticked at that point and left.

I think that was the only incident we had this week about it, though.

My situation was exactly the same. I didn't know it was a error till I looked it up right now. The ad states a different set than whats pictured. But of course they try tell you everything is the same.

It says in our price match policy we don't have to honor errors in competitors print ad. Sometimes we just call the competitor to see if they are still honoring the price. This one had a different set pictured than the description, so we didn't honor it. Had to also deal with Kmart misprinting a water cooler off by one hundred bucks and that lovely, lovely, dollar general diaper fiasco.

It's always fun, cause walmart will stop selling it at that price and when they can't get it there they come and bug us.

our ETL told us not to price match it no matter what the guest says.

We had a printed warning at the service desk telling us to watch out for people attempting to price match it and to turn them down. But, yes, in general anything that seems to be a price error, we match if it's on target.com, but otherwise no. Paying for our own companies errors is one thing, paying for walmart's errors is quite another.

My GE-ETL approved the price match... not ten minutes later she rushed back to the Service Desk with a memo telling us not to price match the Wal-Mart price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back