Archived Price Matching and Promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was helping the Guest Service Desk and I observed a confusing transaction where a guest was buying one of those Skylander video game box things.

After asking the GSTM later, my understanding is that the item was something like $69.99 and the guest wanted to price match some store (I think it was Toys R Us), for $39.99. Which was OK.

What I did notice was they were acting kind of shady and was hiding some $1 reservation card which they did not present until after the price match was done. Then they tried to add it to their transaction, which lowered the total down to like $10.99 because Target was having some promotion where you would save $30 if you bought both the game box thing and the reservation card at the same time. And then they had some $10 off coupon too, they said they got it from McDonalds.

I just thought it was weird and management went to do some research but I don't know how that went. I thought it was weird! Maybe some GSTMs around here would know more about that and the price match policy. I was reading the policy but I am not sure what part says that is not ok.

I wouldn't have matched that. If they were going to buy the card as well then that would bring the price to the same as toys r us. It's a little fuzzy since target was doing the "not just a regular sale" promotion, but we shouldn't be selling the product for less than toys r us, just the same price unless they have a coupon.

So to sum up, I would've take the coupon, but not done the price match if they were buying the reserve card to get $30 off. The most I would've done is make a coupon for $1 or make the reserve card price $0.00.

The price match policy is ridiculously long, so I don't know it by heart, but I'm fairly certain that you can't price match when there is a gift card promotion. I don't think the policy specifies about any other kind of sales or promotions though. There wouldn't necessarily be a way to do either or. . . It would be our promotion or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back