Price matching Apple products

So we have a few guests that would price match Airpods or IPads with Walmart but when I check on the price match app it doesn't show up when I scan or enter DPCI. I'm assuming it's due to the model number/UPC being slightly off but same exact product if I search up. Do I price match it anyways even though same product but model number/UPC slightly off?

Partner with a TL on that. It's supposed to be the exact same model. If the model # is different I'd decline it.
During my comp shop days of yore, Walmart routinely dropped the last digit on their UPC labels to discourage compers.

Wal-Mart and some other stores intentionally sell nearly-identical products under a different model number and SKU. There's usually a minor difference in floor of features. We also do this on products labelled as "Only at Target" or " Target Exclusive ". It's an approach to deterring price matching by competitors.

Wal-Mart and some other stores intentionally sell nearly-identical products under a different model number and SKU. There's usually a minor difference in floor of features. We also do this on products labelled as "Only at Target" or " Target Exclusive ". It's an approach to deterring price matching by competitors.

I don't get why Target doesn't just be upfront and say we don't price match any Apple products cause we know Karen's are going to bitch "But it's the same product!"

iPads are 2 for $5 at Publix rn but I’m going to Target instead so I ask to see the manager, who will be sure to approve the price match as soon as he sees me and is overcome by a sudden joyous rush of nostalgia for those bygone days when he had to add a second cash office to accommodate all the money I was making for his store

Back