Service & Engagement Price Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the policy regarding price matching produce? For example, strawberries. Most grocers don't specify the brand in their ad, so will Target price match it? Assuming it's the exact same size.

What is the policy regarding price matching produce? For example, strawberries. Most grocers don't specify the brand in their ad, so will Target price match it? Assuming it's the exact same size.
from our policy:
  • The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match.
so at my store that would be a no if brand isn't specified, but ASANTS i suppose.

Spot Corp price match website:
  • Produce items must be the identical item, brand name (e.g., Dole®, Chiquita®), size, weight and quantity to qualify for price match.
  • Items need to be sold in the same unit of measure (per pound vs. per item).
  • Non-SuperTargets can't match per-pound items.

My store policy is that we don't price match for food items or produce.

The other store ad didn't specify what brand the blueberries were. I don't think Target's ad specifies that either. They aren't like Hanes or KitchenAid.

This is one more reason Target will never be a major player in grocery, no matter how much money they pump into it.

I'll give a little more info. It was my sister who was wanting to.price match. And she was not a happy person when the tm told her no. She said that they weren't the same brand. My sister told her that there was no brand name in the ad or photo. But it was no use. Not happy. Then she called me.

If the brand is driscoll fruit, we should be able to do price match. They are major supplier for fruit to most market chains.

Ehh your sister will be okay.

Yes, she will. But since the item she wanted was under $20 anyway, a pint of blueberries, why couldn't they just change the price. No, instead, my sister left without buying any of the other purchases either. Just walked out and called me to complain.

i have never seen a store price match produce. target doesn't and suddenly they're "never going to be a major player"

Oh right, Target wants to be just like every other grocery store. Way to differentiate yourself. I've posted over and over that the grocery is a flop. Always has been, always will be.

Yes, she will. But since the item she wanted was under $20 anyway, a pint of blueberries, why couldn't they just change the price. No, instead, my sister left without buying any of the other purchases either. Just walked out and called me to complain.

You do realize your sister lost more $$ in gas and time then the difference in that pack of blueberries..

Oh gosh she was one of those customers. I'm sure she really taught that cashier a lesson. Next time I'm sure they'll break the policy they've been taught so that some entitled housewife can get her berries $1 cheaper.

Oh gosh she was one of those customers. I'm sure she really taught that cashier a lesson. Next time I'm sure they'll break the policy they've been taught so that some entitled housewife can get her berries $1 cheaper.

They're not customers, they are guests. And Target's were $2.99 versus 98 cents. But I get it, we'll price match microwaves and change the prices on everything else.

And yes, when she gets attitude from the person running the lanes, the gsa or gstl, about this, she leaves.

You do realize, it's people like her who write your paycheck?

I'm done here. Since you feel the need to run her down by talking about her ... She's not "one of those customers" or "an entitled housewife" anymore than you are a bitch cunt with the brains God gave a retarded squirrel. So fuck off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back