Archived Price Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a question regarding price matching.

Apparently at our sister store they left up expired TPC signage for TVs (roughly $100 off) and have been sending guests to our store since they're out of stock. Does our store have to match it? One of the TLs said we don't price match TPCs since they're locally generated from comp shop, and that if the other store is having expired signage that it shouldn't come at the expense of our store and inventory (since we're not the ones who made the mistake).

Thoughts?

Yeah, never price match another store.

Target only price matches 'Sale' items in the ad from other retail competitors.

TPC items are never matched.

I don't know what the procedure is in the US but up here in Canada some TPCs vary store to store and it pisses guests off. As somebody who works in retails I understand the logic behind it but guests don't. Some have even asked me to call neighboring stores. The way I explain it is that select markdowns vary store to store and a really good deal they get at our store they may not get at another Target store 10 minutes away and vice-versa. Any major retailer I've worked at has always had those 5 or 10 really good deals that are unique to a specific location.

It's according to the individual store's demographic. We're in a cross-section between the savvy spenders & the well-heeled so our stuff takes a while to go down. A store in an old-money part of town is where I can find final MDs that are still firsts at MY store.
Way cray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back