Archived PRICING/PLANO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a tm told me that there will be a dedicated pricing and Plano team now.

The store was in e2e process and the tms were responsible for all aspects of their areas, however, now the pricing & Plano teams will strictly be responsible for those functions.

The store was in e2e process and the tms were responsible for all aspects of their areas, however, now the pricing & Plano teams will strictly be responsible for those functions.

So you're saying your store is rolling back end to end. There are a lot of people on here whose stores have done this.

Just depends on your district leadership.

I think pricing and Plano teams are very valuable no matter what some empty suit at corporate things that its all about team members who are good at sales.

We've gone E2E on beauty, softlines, and consumables with electronics coming Q1. We had each team do their own price change for a week and it failed horribly so we brought back our two price change ladies. Although we've never lost our Plano team.

Weird, beauty isn't supposed to do their own price change. They shouldnt even call beauty end to end, they aren't even supposed to backstock.

Push truck, do rigs, fill and sell. Although they would be terribly bored if that's all they did

Is plano still doing transitions, revisions, and saleplans in your store if you are doing E2E? My store is doing is E2E and they expect consumables upon everything else to do all salesplans, revisions, and transitions. I thought we were only suppose to do salesplans personally, for consumables.

Sounds like everyone's e2e looks different but according to best practice you're right they should do revisions and transitions.

You should be doing salesplans only

Weird, beauty isn't supposed to do their own price change. They shouldnt even call beauty end to end, they aren't even supposed to backstock.

Push truck, do rigs, fill and sell. Although they would be terribly bored if that's all they did

Electronics end to end is even worse, they aren't even supposed to push truck.

Is plano still doing transitions, revisions, and saleplans in your store if you are doing E2E? My store is doing is E2E and they expect consumables upon everything else to do all salesplans, revisions, and transitions. I thought we were only suppose to do salesplans personally, for consumables.

Yeah they are. They set revisions recently in our Market section. Pricing and Plani still exist at my store and E2E is alive in Consumables, Softlines and Beauty.

My store Plano still exists (Thank fucking god), as well as 1 or 2 Pricing TM's (For Hardlines) and 1 for softlines, but they switch back and forth to help each other in heavy weeks. (as well as, all of us signing presentation people when it is really heavy). I am at an AA Volume store, so it could be different elsewhere.

Pricing question? Why does 49 followed by the dpci has to be used to clean the system and using activate is not allowed?

Pricing question? Why does 49 followed by the dpci has to be used to clean the system and using activate is not allowed?
Sounds like your store is cheating the system. A-activate is supposed to be used when you honestly can not find the item. Now say you activate x amount of items this week and next week they are found and ticketed you just raised your rework number which affects your price accuracy score. By keying in the Dpci instead of a-activate you are keeping your “activate” number down. If someone is watching the numbers weekly they can see who is activating, how many price changes you’ve down, how many rework tickets you’ve done. I’ve seen others do this but I was always taught that it’s fine to activate as long as you have searched high and low for the item. If it’s an item with a large count we even get the LOD involved before activating.

Pricing is so messed up at my store. We haven't done pricing for November and December. As things are being set the tls are salvaging merchandise from regular price to 0. Today the toys clearance batches were finally pulled. And what came out of there?! A whole pallet worth of salvage. It was merchandise that I know would have sold. A fourth of that pallet was LOL dolls. Guests were asking for those every day during the holiday.

Pricing is so messed up at my store. We haven't done pricing for November and December. As things are being set the tls are salvaging merchandise from regular price to 0. Today the toys clearance batches were finally pulled. And what came out of there?! A whole pallet worth of salvage. It was merchandise that I know would have sold. A fourth of that pallet was LOL dolls. Guests were asking for those every day during the holiday.
The problem with this is if they pulled in batches the product was located in the BR. If guests were asking for it, and it was located there’s no reason that product couldn’t be found. Regardless it’s on store leaders to prevent this. TMs don’t have to answer for this stuff unless they want to promote. Not much you can do when leaders don’t find it important

Well we have inventory soon. I hope that sets a fire under their feet. All of that salvage will end up showing as shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back