Archived Pricing/Plano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was a PTL for 5 years and then went back to salesfloor for a year or so. Now I'm PTL again and I'm having to struggle to do adjacencies and SPLs. I found out today I am getting pricing even though we still have a pricing TL until spring. Any advice for me on managing pricing as well? I don't even have the hours to get POG caught up.

Hey guys, I was a PTL for 5 years and then went back to salesfloor for a year or so. Now I'm PTL again and I'm having to struggle to do adjacencies and SPLs. I found out today I am getting pricing even though we still have a pricing TL until spring. Any advice for me on managing pricing as well? I don't even have the hours to get POG caught up.
The consensus around here has been that if you have at least a couple of experienced Pricing TMs the team can pretty much run itself.

Got to be organized. You're going to be forced to rely on the strongest person from each team to help. Cause when you are with pricing, someone has to be making decisions for pog and vice versa.

I walked in Tuesday morning at 4am, the morning after inventory, got handed a stack of unsorted and instapled pogs, and the adjacency for rear. Nothing prepped. I had to map out the flat, etc. so that the pog team could start setting. The pog/pricing tl was buried with NOF stuff.

If no one on your team can do that on the fly, and do preties, start training them now. I've walked in on Monday to find my tl has called off and preties are due.

I've been through 4 tl's in that position in 3 years. No lie, it's tough.

I only had a few days notice that I was getting it back. The PTL who replaced me quit and did not complete her two weeks. Nor did she clean her mess of a desk. I've been digging through POGs and strips all week. It's terrible. I should be able to get back on track after another week or two I hope. I'm great at planning, just have to have time to sit and do it. I know a little about pricing. I know it's all computer driven, just do what it tells you on which days. I know good team members should be able to ticket about 120 items an hour. I know you often have to fight the backroom to get your pulls lol. What else do I need to know about pricing? I can handle POG.

I basically let pricing handle themselves. They just need to focus on the day's task list and let me know ahead of time if their workload has changed so I can shuffle TMs or call people in.

Our PATL got fired not too long after they announced that it would become one position, so I got it by default. I have never been trained in pricing, tbh. The presentation team requires 99.9% of my focus, so I rely on the strong TMs that I have.

^ exactly how it's handled by the ptl who took it over at my store

Also: cross train as many TMS as possible for pricing - pull in your brand TMs to train, softlines, etc. All of your presentation TMS should have some knowledge of the process too. Just in case they change your 3000 ticket day to a 6000+ ticket day and you only have 3 people scheduled (aka my week so far).

Also: cross train as many TMS as possible for pricing - pull in your brand TMs to train, softlines, etc. All of your presentation TMS should have some knowledge of the process too. Just in case they change your 3000 ticket day to a 6000+ ticket day and you only have 3 people scheduled (aka my week so far).

Im amazed that you even get 3 people scheduled! On a usual day we are lucky to get 2 people even when the workload is huge. Just this thursday workload was 4000 + and I was the only one scheduled. The POG team has 6 or 7 people and are basically guaranteed 40 hours a week, yet I feel pricing gets the shaft at my store.

Yep. That's how it is at my store. They have a team lead but the team lead cares more about her precious log team.

My store is good with adding hours to pricing when we need them, the problem is really finding the extra people a day before when everyone who's trained is already scheduled!

I have 4 full-time POG TMs (not including me), hoping to get a PT person as well (that is also able to get hours in another area). The "full time" and "part time" status is contingent on workload, but it's been no problem to give them 40 hrs with the work lately.
Pricing is 3 TMs with several backups from flow as well.

How are you guys managing with the increased workload? Example: last week we had 400 hours of work to do with 250 hours. Even with good planning I still ended the week at 66%. That was with doing the backwall of mini from the previous week and about 4 endcaps in domestics early. I thought I could impact it with good planning and strategizing but so far I haven't put the dent into it that I wanted. My predecessor who quit was staying in the 60% range as well. POG being behind in affecting pricing. Revisions, aisles, sidecaps never set and going clearance before it sells. If I stand a chance of trying to fix pricing, I have to fix POG. And I can't use salesfloor people anymore for SPLs.

we just get what we can done at my store. we always leave stuff over only finished the workload twice this whole year on the week it was actually due lol.

That's ridiculous, and I'm not blaming you guys. It's Target's fault for thinking we can get it done with piling so much pointless crap on us. Pointless revisions, responsibility of SPLs... the list goes on.

Pricing is easy to manage. Find your strongest team member and have them status with you each day. On mondays, have them check the workload and come forward if you need more hours.

• Make sure PCV is completed between 11am-Noon and 4pm-5pm each day. Always scan the item or print a barcode for the item if you cant find it. Never key the item unless for some reason they did pcv on clearance and you cant find it. Your score will drop if you key items in PCV now.
  • Print the workloads every monday. I do this for my TL, put them on the bulletin in our office, and compare the workload to hours scheduled. If i see any discrepancies i come forward immediately.
  • Always remember when See Spot/Seasonal PLU goes salvage, it does not forecast into your ticket eaches. Just make sure you have a couple extra hours that day to spare.
  • NOF.. you can either choose to own this, or let your team do it. I do it for my TL, she is swamped between LOD shifts/POG and it would never get done unless i did it. I typically do it on fridays when i finish early.

How are you guys managing with the increased workload? Example: last week we had 400 hours of work to do with 250 hours. Even with good planning I still ended the week at 66%. That was with doing the backwall of mini from the previous week and about 4 endcaps in domestics early. I thought I could impact it with good planning and strategizing but so far I haven't put the dent into it that I wanted. My predecessor who quit was staying in the 60% range as well. POG being behind in affecting pricing. Revisions, aisles, sidecaps never set and going clearance before it sells. If I stand a chance of trying to fix pricing, I have to fix POG. And I can't use salesfloor people anymore for SPLs.

You definitely have to fix POG before dealing with pricing. I'm new in role (about 3 and a half months) and I'm starting now to get a handle on POG. (Productivity and accountability for my TMs is the biggest challenge right now).
I've seen salesplanners handled two ways - the entire POG team spends time each week working on them, or you have a "salesplanner captain" who works on salesplanners only (and helps out the rest of the team when they finish them).
Fake ties aren't good but if you communicate with the Salesfloor, Instocks, and Flow TL it's fine. (We only "fake tie" at my store when POG team can't set something due to a TON of clearance that has no place to go, anything that isn't set and could have been stays untied).
My problem right now is revisions that are getting "done" but aren't actually done and I find it later (schematics that don't match up, things that were tied but the strips weren't ever put in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back