Archived Pricing presentation team leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stl wants me to convert over to the pricing/presentation team leader position can anyone tell me how This position is pros and cons and how you're managing the workload

My stl wants me to convert over to the pricing/presentation team leader position can anyone tell me how This position is pros and cons and how you're managing the workload
You sound like me. My leaders at my store want me to do the same.

I'm skeptical about the position because both of those processes are broken and it wouldn't be a pay increase

As it's always been said, "Expect more; pay less"......WAY less.....

My pricing/POG TL did a pretty good job... Considering all he did was sit in the control room and print off POG's and pre-tie things... Only saw him with his team when he was yelling at them for one thing or another.

Sounds easy to me.

Since you're already a POG TL (right?) you know the general pros and cons of the position (not having to close, consistent schedule, insane workload weeks followed by weeks with 40 hours where your team doesn't get hours unless you take a vacation).
as for taking on pricing, it sounds kind of difficult for you since the pricing team is broken. I'd suggest trying to develop someone to be a leader on that team who knows how to do the job and ensure you check in with them on a regular basis. The only other addition to your workload is writing the pricing schedule (which is difficult because the price change clearance workload is not super accurate and changes by the time the workload week comes up). I've started printing the workload when I write the schedule then printing it again when the workload week comes up and comparing how much it's changed. I'm about to start comp shop up again so I don't have much info on that part of the pricing process.
I would also recommend cross training a few people on your POG team to do pricing in case you need to shift resources for heavy pricing days.

Me? Sarcastic? Never!
We need comic sans.

bunnypunch.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back