Archived Pricing/Presentation TL. looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out today that I am going to be taking over pricing eventually. I am currently so overwhelmed with plano (lack of hours) and I am curious is to how current PPTL's manage their time. Is there a routine you follow? Im going to do some investigating on workbench next week but just curious. thanks :)

From our Plano/Pricing TL just forget about pricing team altogether. Actually being serious, your pricing team should have such a routine down with their workload that as their team lead you just have to make sure the workload is done by the end of the day. Be there for questions if they have any and follow up with their progress to make sure they are in task. If your team is not at this point that they require little guidance then you need to spend some time with them to get them to this point.

My routine with pricing consisted of training TM's to be self sufficient and just be there for them as a resource if they ever have any questions/need directions. That experience came from my days as a pricing TM, but hopefully youll get some price training if you havent been already, instead of just being tossed the work center. Basically I give them direction at the start of the day, check in on them before lunch, and about an hour before they leave to see if they need anything. Only thing i really need to watch out for is if the workload increases significantly from forecast, then i either jump in myself or switch a TM from plano over to price. Having your team cross trained into a pricing and presentation team is very beneficial.

he said i will be working 4am-12-30 and pricing will be 8am-4:30 im not sure how i will be able to hold anyone accountable and help them if im not around .

So will the Plano TL most likely get the position,or the Pricing TL? Or does it just depend, because it seems like it will be alot of extra work for a pricing TL to come over and plan everything for plano.

Seems rather odd to have pricing at 8am when plano is at 4am... id talk to your etl and see if you can change that. Explain that you have to monitor your team and be there as a support. Im from an ULV store and plano starts at 7am and price is at 7:30am.

im the plano tl and im acquiring pricing.. i dont know what they are doing with the pricing tl at this point.
I dont know i plan on doing a lot of talking to my etls to figure this out

You're still 4am?!? Damn you're lucky.

My Pricing team runs themselves. I just answer questions and go over the scores each week. If you drop below 90% accuracy, ask them what they aren't finding and make sure they are scanning the entire department in Soft Lines when the numbers are over 200 (i.e. RTW is 350 and more than half is first markdowns... just scan everything). Also make sure the sales floor is keeping their clearance in the respective departments. Cross train a couple of your POG team, if they aren't already, to help with the heavier days. Look at the Price Change Workload to keep any surprises from hitting. Anything over 2,000 is a big day (for a ULV store with 2 Pricing TMs anyway).

Good luck! :)

thanks :) i hope we stay at 4am.. i think they could change their mind this hasnt happened yet with me aquiring pricing but I was told about it so im trying to get a jumpstart on it

I am going thru the transition of taking on the pricing team. They are a very seasoned team so I am not worried about them. The main thing is make sure that they are actually doing to work and not just activating prices. Yep already dealing with that. The hardest thing with the 6 am process is the late start in the day and the hours being cut.

We somehow just made the cut to keep our pricing TL, but I'm sure we'll lose the position with AE15.

My routine with pricing consisted of training TM's to be self sufficient and just be there for them as a resource if they ever have any questions/need directions. That experience came from my days as a pricing TM, but hopefully youll get some price training if you havent been already, instead of just being tossed the work center. Basically I give them direction at the start of the day, check in on them before lunch, and about an hour before they leave to see if they need anything. Only thing i really need to watch out for is if the workload increases significantly from forecast, then i either jump in myself or switch a TM from plano over to price. Having your team cross trained into a pricing and presentation team is very beneficial.
Listen to what this TL is saying. I do the exact same thing. Check on them through out the day and jump in if I feel like I need too. Which is on heavy days sometimes.

I have been a PATL for just over a year and i've found that if you set expectations and train your team they should be able to function on their own. I am fortune enough to be able to focus just on price change without the added stress of presentation but a good tip is ensuring your PA TMs work in the same department every week that way they are familiar with what will be going down and when. My team is extremely self sufficient, not only bc of my leadership but bc of lack of adequate previous leadership. I just started training a new in role Pricing/Presentation TL for a newly opening store and it goes without saying that Plano will require more of your attention which makes it even more important to empower your PA TMs to be self sufficient.

100% agree with this
Pricing tms dont need too much direction. Planogram is honestly going to be 99% of your focus. The most you should have to do is print the workload/scores on Monday, make sure the amount of tickets didnt spike unexpectedly, and then status with them like twice a day.

For people that said cross-train your Plano/Pricing teams with each other. Y E S ! ! !
Many times a tm has saved the day by jumping over on friday after their workload is complete..

Working ahead is your best friend. If the workload goes up, youll be ahead of the game.

Ours worked 5:30 to2:00, with every other week having to work Sunday so he'd be off Thursday.
But he was only Plano.
Our Pricing worked every Sunday 4-12 and had Friday/Saturday off.

yuck.. im gaining pricing soon and i was hoping it would get me out of closing..

Why the hell would POG or Pricing TL close?
Unless you have your members of your team closing it doesn't make a lick of sense.

The Pricing TL did Sundays because she wanted to handle adset (she took over from me, I ran it for a couple of years).
The POG TL did Sundays so other TLs could have a rotating weekends off.

Last edited:
Why the hell would POG or Pricing TL close?
Unless you have your members of your team closing it doesn't make a lick of sense.

The Pricing TL did Sundays because she wanted to handle adset (she took over from me, I ran it for a couple of years).
The POG TL did Sunday so other TL could have a rotating weekend off.

Mine is actually a senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back