Archived Printing signs with short item numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you print the signs from HQ that has short item numbers for adset? I tried searching through HQ signs using the SIGN app on the computer but nothing is coming up. I had to use the DCPI but that is of no use as they have a different item number. Thanks again for any help.

are you talking about the sign number or something like produce with a PLU? if your talking about sign number there is an option for that under SIGN though I dont recall what they call it

Ah, dunno. Item number on the sign. There are two barcodes in a sign. One for the DCPI number and the other is for the item number (of the sign, not the item merchandise). There is the option to search through HQ signs using the SIGN but it doesn't work with short item numbers (like 2663495, instead of the long one like 27723495097).

A dpci is 9 numbers. Sign is like 10 numbers. Running the dpci should solve the problem. Do the adsetup scan, the most problems are gone.

I tried the DCPI way and it printed on 7x11 and 3x5 paper when it should have been on TPC cardstock. I was able to scanned in for some but not all. Sorry.

Last edited:
Oh, scanning them in using the DCPI will not be a problem. But we'd like to print the signs to put up on the shelves as well and that is something I don't know how to do (since they will only be printed on paper and not cardstock).

Oh, scanning them in using the DCPI will not be a problem. But we'd like to print the signs to put up on the shelves as well and that is something I don't know how to do (since they will only be printed on paper and not cardstock).

For printing of signings:
Under rf apps, under signing option 4, after you hit request signs option 1, "c" to continue, give a name to your batch. Then it will ask you for size. Select "I" for item number. Select 3 x 5, enter dpci or scan label, it will give types signs like, white for info signs, tpc's, sale, etc.. Then enter qty. then "e" to exit. Then go to signing computer, select signing option, print signs option, find your batch, select it, follow the prompts for what type of paper to use. Then print away. That should help you.

If you are printing a sign that needs to be scanned in, instead of using the DPCI to create the sign, do the following:
1) log into RF Apps
2) select 4 for Siging
3) select 1 for Create Sign
4) select M for Main Printer
5) name batch
6) select N for Sign Number
7) type in the corresponding sign number
8) hit the quantity that you need
9) print created batch

Once that is done, scan the sign in. If you type in the DPCI to create the sign, when you are sent to that location in the System Led Price Audit, you will be unable to scan that barcode since it won't have the correct sign number which the system is looking for in order to verify that the correct sign is up - instead hou will get a message stating "Invalid Barcode."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back