Archived Problem With Abandons/Reshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what a huddle is... what's a smart huddle???

Here we go again. The sales floor team was told to concentrate on zone and to leave re shop. Lol there must be well over 40 carts of reshop. I count 10 in toys, 6 in grocery, 8 in HBA, and never got to count rest of the store those carts are all scattered over the store and the flow TL was upset last night cause it makes it impossible to bowl out the overnight truck. Thanks STL. Each one of these carts are overflowing with reshop. It will take 1 TM at least 1 hour per cart. So better schedule appropriate to get this task done.

Last edited:
here we go again, today there were about 20 carts of reshop still left from our Krazy busiest Sunday since Easter.

There are 6 over-flowing carts just for grocery alone, who's gonna do them with cut in hours this week. Oh, did i hear that HR is asking people to stay as long as they don't
go over 40 hrs, lol.

Last edited:
Our problem is that our day team members DO NOT even touch abandons they leave it all for the closing crew. I don't even work at a Super and we always have abandons left that we just have to leave because it's too much for us to get done in one shift. There's only usually 4 of us in hardlines and then 2 in softlines sometimes less.

Leadership problem.

In fact, I'd venture a guess that abandons & returns being a problem regardless of volume is almost typically a leadership problem.

The one thing I know of to be true in life and especially life at Target is this... when a problem pops up. Jump on it. Fix it ASAP. Otherwise shit snowballs and then it becomes unbearable to the point that it has a negative impact on morale. We are emotional creatures, after all.

Our store got rid of the black bins that we used to sort different departments into at the service desk and I thought it was going to be awful... boy was I wrong... it forced leadership to not let shit snowball and guess what? Our strays have never been easier to maintain and I've been with Target for 10 years.

I will say this though... if there is ever a time of year where it becomes unbearable and practically not doable with staffing REGARDLESS of volume it is back to school. If anyone says "back to school" at my store, I cringe hard. So much worse than Christmas.
There's plenty of blame to go around at my store. GSTMs don't sort correctly. All areas end up with stray from other ares mixed in with their reshop. In SL we've got TMs sticking/hiding stuff anywhere and everywhere and that has a negative effect on all processes in the store. We have TMs who consider covering FRO breaks and lunches an extra break so they sit and play with their phones and never touch reshop. Also, we have some of the laziest and most entitled spoiled TMs we've ever had. The bottom line? Even if everyone of us busted our butts we could not keep up. We used to close with 2 or 3 times as many TMs. There is no way to even finish what we call zones. The leadership keeps cutting hours and demanding we do more and more with less and less. I'm just tired.

Do what you are asked to do, and let the Hardline TLs and ETL figure it out.

Your hardlines just needs more hours and TMs. Or just have a couple dedicated overnighters just working on the zone and reshop. But that won't happen.

I don't know if we've just been getting smaller trucks lately, but our flow team has been helping out a lot with re-shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back