Who else is having issues with set hours being wrong?

I agree that overall, the hours equal out on overstated times versus understated times. The issue is that any weeks we are done early, we get pulled to support other areas. For example, the week of personal care, we were done on Thursday. But instead of getting a jump on building baby furniture or such, we spent the day pushing freezer. Then if we fall behind on the understated weeks, we get no support help. Oh well, not my problem.

Yeah... That's some BS. There's literally never a week where I get all the things done for which I would be ideally expected. There's always clearance and trapped items to pull or ticket. Our goal is to be two weeks ahead on POGs, and that is extremely rare. The only area my teams ever supports is Fulfillment with OPU backups. Otherwise, 100% dedicated to Pricing/Presentation/Audit/RFID

Some POGs are overstated, some understated. My experience is that it is more or less correct in the larger picture.

The one thing I have a problem with is that GM TL-with Cross area ownership (AKA previously Merchandise Operations), I am really only given hours based on Set Workload, and absolutely minimal for Pricing. I created a fairly sophisticated Price Change weekly hours forecast report that uses HQ's very own labor standards for estimating what we will need allocated for Pricing tasks alone, and NEVER get it. So what does that mean? It means a lot of clearance and salvage activated without ever actually finding it. My metrics stay green and nobody complains. I could let my metrics go red, but nothing would change other than me getting harassed, so what's the point?
I get absolutely nothing when it comes to PC, audits, RFID, weekly Price Audit. I barely get enough to cover transitions (not revisions). One month in and I am over it. I took on this role because I wanted to actually achieve and succeed. Silly me. Should’ve remembered where I worked.
So I will “plan” and do my best. Whatever.

It means a lot of clearance and salvage activated without ever actually finding it. My metrics stay green and nobody complains.
This is how it's being done at my store now. And it makes me crazy. When we had the DBO model still firmly in place, it was so much cleaner. Now, we have some aspects of the DBO model still being used because it works well to have the same TMs always pushing truck in certain areas, but whoever does PC in my area does an awful job of it. I've decided to stop speaking up about it because nothing changes. I've also decided to stop fixing their mistakes because I just don't have the time. Still having to talk to myself A LOT about it because it's so irritating. :-\

This is how it's being done at my store now. And it makes me crazy. When we had the DBO model still firmly in place, it was so much cleaner. Now, we have some aspects of the DBO model still being used because it works well to have the same TMs always pushing truck in certain areas, but whoever does PC in my area does an awful job of it. I've decided to stop speaking up about it because nothing changes. I've also decided to stop fixing their mistakes because I just don't have the time. Still having to talk to myself A LOT about it because it's so irritating. :-\

I've really been struggling to figure out how to do this right and haven't fallen on a great answer.

Here is how I generally prioritize things:

1) Regular Price Label Batches: Too easy. Print them on sticky paper. Make sure every task is activated, put the labels in the right place. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

2) Clearance Label Batches: Also too easy. Labels for located merchandise. Scan and activate, put them up. Should be up by EOD Tuesday.

3) First Markdowns. Most of the 1st MDs not included in (2) are going to be for Style, with a handful being for NOP merch your store received, but that was never on POG, or never set. Get your 1st MDs done right as quickly as possible. If you don't find these, they'll get activated without getting ticketed, and you probably won't sell very much, and these items won't get moved to your clearance blocks. Need to get these done ASAP!

4) Further Markdowns. In my view, the least important. Theoretically, they're already ticketed as clearance and hopefully moved to a clearance space. Activating them and keying some quantity does not affect their on-hands.

5) Finals and Salvage: Here we're in tricky territory. Can't finding them means the on-hand is unaffected until an AIC zeroes out the count, but if you scan them in Price Change after AIC has made a change, you're going to get negative on-hands. Ideally, you want as little salvage as possible, so you want to get those finals ticketed and sold. You can key them in without finding them, but again, you run the risk of on-hands going negative. Also, although it is somewhat obfuscated, there may be some financial impact if you say you CRC'd something that never made it to the CRC.

The ideal balance is to be complete every task and find enough actual inventory to ticket or salvage that your unit completion % stays reasonably high. But how much time and effort do you allocate to this and still get all your sets done on time or ahead of schedule? It's damn tricky! Especially since I am rarely allocated enough hours for pricing, only enough for set workload. This in spite of the fact that if you base Price Change Forecast on Target's very own labor standards, you would be getting anywhere from an additional 40-120 hours on top of set workload hours.

You are talking about someone choosing to bowl their own personal vehicle and then immediately work it, I assume? Still a far cry from the time there was a dedicated team that pulled pallets off the line and bowled them nonstop during the unload for everyone to stock when the trailer was done. I dont even think most stores unload early enough to bowl after the unload is done anymore. Most stores unload at 6am nowadays right?
Yes, we are a full overnight process so we have roughly 11 hours from the time we start throwing trucks (store is still open when we start unload for a few hours) til the store opens. We don't do the wave push thing as of yet, with no inclination that we will go that route for the foreseeable future.

We're a very high volume store so we're still taking anywhere from 2-4 trucks a night.

Does anyone know the order or where to find the order in which the greeting cards are set up again?Our pog says nothing

Put the fixtures up and let the vendor figure it out.
So we took the fixtures down, which was a challenge. No directions. I heard there was an informational email sent to who knows, but we never saw it. Our Pog says that the fixtures are to be handled by American Greetings and says 0 hours. Who's responsible for putting them back up?

So we took the fixtures down, which was a challenge. No directions. I heard there was an informational email sent to who knows, but we never saw it. Our Pog says that the fixtures are to be handled by American Greetings and says 0 hours. Who's responsible for putting them back up?

There is a link in the Stationery transition guide for direction on the AG fixture takedown. Don't worry, I missed it too.
20240402_160307.jpg

I had a hell of a time though. They're responsible for putting up new ones, but I put up the old ones that were came down.

There is a link in the Stationery transition guide for direction on the AG fixture takedown. Don't worry, I missed it too.
View attachment 15630

I had a hell of a time though. They're responsible for putting up new ones, but I put up the old ones that were came down.
Shouldn't my tl or etl print this out for us? I get there and start working. I look at the assignment sheet above the time clock and do that. It doesn't say to sift through guides on the computer.

If I have to do all that, I should get tl pay.

Shouldn't my tl or etl print this out for us? I get there and start working. I look at the assignment sheet above the time clock and do that. It doesn't say to sift through guides on the computer.

If I have to do all that, I should get tl pay.

I always had to do that as the Signing Ninja because there would be routinely be updates on the Signing especially fixes on bad designs that you couldn't find out about any other way.
Except maybe by coming here.

ETL and PML took down and put up in new aisle.

You are talking about someone choosing to bowl their own personal vehicle and then immediately work it, I assume? Still a far cry from the time there was a dedicated team that pulled pallets off the line and bowled them nonstop during the unload for everyone to stock when the trailer was done. I dont even think most stores unload early enough to bowl after the unload is done anymore. Most stores unload at 6am nowadays right?
hahahaha our team gets in at 4 am, pushes the piled-high line until enough vehicles are empty to start the 'new' truck -- usually around 9:30 am

Back