Archived Procedure for Resigning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working at Spot since the beginning of last November, I was hired as Seasonal but they kept scheduling me and here I am in March still working 5-20 hours a week.

I originally took the job thinking I would use it to supplement my other full-time job (40 hr/wk doing employee benefits) through the holidays to help set money aside for my daughter's college expenses.

My schedule has been kinda tight juggling both jobs but I've made it work & actually enjoy my time working in Softlines. However, my daughter has things coming up that I need to be a part of and my elderly father needs more help in the evenings (getting fed, taking meds) and I've decided to drop Target for now.

I already left a resignation letter for my store's HR rep. Do I need to do anything else? I tried accessing a link in eHR that was for resignation (while in the TSC at work) but it said I wasn't authorized.

I actually hope they'll let me come back in the fall for back to school seasonal, if my schedule permits!

I've been working at Spot since the beginning of last November, I was hired as Seasonal but they kept scheduling me and here I am in March still working 5-20 hours a week.

I originally took the job thinking I would use it to supplement my other full-time job (40 hr/wk doing employee benefits) through the holidays to help set money aside for my daughter's college expenses.

My schedule has been kinda tight juggling both jobs but I've made it work & actually enjoy my time working in Softlines. However, my daughter has things coming up that I need to be a part of and my elderly father needs more help in the evenings (getting fed, taking meds) and I've decided to drop Target for now.

I already left a resignation letter for my store's HR rep. Do I need to do anything else? I tried accessing a link in eHR that was for resignation (while in the TSC at work) but it said I wasn't authorized.

I actually hope they'll let me come back in the fall for back to school seasonal, if my schedule permits!
You need to get an official form of resignation from HR. It should be in TSC, the HRtm will give it to you when you ask for it. When I resigned I left in the middle of the pay period and I spoke with the HRtm and told him to not put me on the next schedule when I handed in my paperwork. Good luck

There is an official form to fill out that most stores have copies of in the TSC/clerical area.

Did you give two weeks notice and work all of your scheduled shifts in that period? If not, you will be marked as non-rehireable for quitting without notice.

There is an official form to fill out that most stores have copies of in the TSC/clerical area.

Did you give two weeks notice and work all of your scheduled shifts in that period? If not, you will be marked as non-rehireable for quitting without notice.

I actually left a letter in my HR-ETL's mailbox yesterday & let her know my last available day will be April 23rd.

She called today and said she'd like to sit down and see if we can adjust my availability to work occasionally until my other responsibilities reduce. She did mention that if I decided to term, she would give me the form to complete.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back