Archived Produce barcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at Walmart (I was on vacation, the closest target was too far away) and they have a pop up when you go to type in produce that tells you to scan the barcode. Why can’t/hasn’t target made it so something like bananas that NEVER changes (PLU wise) can be scanned? I understand that grapes sometimes have different numbers, but what is stopping spot from making them scannable? It would be more user friendly to everyone involved.

So I was at Walmart (I was on vacation, the closest target was too far away) and they have a pop up when you go to type in produce that tells you to scan the barcode. Why can’t/hasn’t target made it so something like bananas that NEVER changes (PLU wise) can be scanned? I understand that grapes sometimes have different numbers, but what is stopping spot from making them scannable? It would be more user friendly to everyone involved.
Well to use bananas for example. Super targets weight their produce and every other store does not. Target uses the same POS for the entire company so produce like bananas where it’s weighted as some stores and sold as eaches at others have to have different PLU codes hence the 8011 at non super targets. Produce such as oranges and avocados that are sold as eaches everywhere so that’s why you can use the generic PLU on the produce sticker

Last edited:
4011/8011 actually isn’t the reason. If you type 4011 at a non SuperT SCO, it redirects to 8011. The reason, according to the SCO feedback devs, is that they keep asking the UPC team to fix it, and they won’t.

4011/8011 actually isn’t the reason. If you type 4011 at a non SuperT SCO, it redirects to 8011. The reason, according to the SCO feedback devs, is that they keep asking the UPC team to fix it, and they won’t.
That must be a new update then because I came from a grocery store and would often try to use my PLU brain trust and forget to use 8011. Anytime I would type in a weighted PLU it would ask “how much does this weight” because the scales weren’t connected.

That must be a new update then because I came from a grocery store and would often try to use my PLU brain trust and forget to use 8011. Anytime I would type in a weighted PLU it would ask “how much does this weight” because the scales weren’t connected.
It doesn’t work on registers, only SCOs, when guests would enter 4011. Now they can’t enter codes so I guess it’s moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back