Archived Promotion to ETL salary question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I have a question about salary negotiations.

Quick background I was a DC warehouse hourly tm and got a promotion to ETL at a store I haven't yet heard my salary but currently make 20/hr at about 40k a year I know Etls start around 48-57k if I'm offered say 50k a year and work 50 hour weeks I'll be taking a pay cut plus making a hour each way trip. To me it's more about the expirience and resume building (I'm thinking long term, but to be fair bills still come).

So my question being, with my bachelors and only warehouse expirience and a new promotion would it be wise to negotiate? Or should I accept whatever I am offered and wait until my yearly review when I have expirience and accomplishments to talk to to negotiate a higher salary?

Thanks in advance for any comments =)!

Any suggestions on how to negotiate. I'm quite new to this. I plan to google some info on negotiations but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

It sound like I will be logistics with a 6am schedule. I'm not sure the volume of my store as our DC doesn't service that specific store. Any suggestions on what salary I should look to secure? I know doing my store walk it seem ETL logistics has quite the handful of tasks, which actually does excite me I'm always one for a good challenge. It seems from reading ETL log is at the higher end of salary anyhow.

It sound like I will be logistics with a 6am schedule. I'm not sure the volume of my store as our DC doesn't service that specific store. Any suggestions on what salary I should look to secure? I know doing my store walk it seem ETL logistics has quite the handful of tasks, which actually does excite me I'm always one for a good challenge. It seems from reading ETL log is at the higher end of salary anyhow.
You may have to do some closing shifts as lod too.

You may have to do some closing shifts as lod too.
My etl-log never close or mid. Overnight maybe, but they always open and come in to open the building.

Definitely negotiate. Use glass door to check similar jobs at other local employers (Wal-Mart, etc) and use that for leverage.

My etl-log never close or mid. Overnight maybe, but they always open and come in to open the building.
Definitely negotiate. Use glass door to check similar jobs at other local employers (Wal-Mart, etc) and use that for leverage.
My etl-log closes one weekend a month, because we are short handed of etl's.

That's right at your current rate for a lot more responsibility.
Might negotiate for a bit more, ~$56K.
That nudges your avg to $21 & change/hr which would compensate for the crazy hrs during Q4.

id negotiate for more. I got a bit more than that and I'm arguably a lot less qualified granted I got hired as HR. I think Log and HR both should demand a bit higher than some of the other positions though.

I was able to wager it up a bit more. It's a 38% increase from my current earnings which is awesome. It is just that I currently work 36 hours with chances for overtime versus 50 and no overtime. But I said as long as I break out even (from daycare and the commute) or make a bit more that I wanted this more for the expirience and resume building---so I'm happy; I accepted the position and I can't wait to start =)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back