Archived Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over the course of the last two months, I've been approached by my team leads, my ETL, and now my STL about my career at Target and my future as a possible team lead. As much as I'm excited knowing that my work stands out to them in such a way, I'm not sure how to go about this though.

I'm currently a flow team member that knows how to do most of the roles in Logistics. I actually really enjoy Logistics too. There are currently no openings for TL in Logistics and won't be for a long time. Our TLs have been there forever and I highly doubt they'll be going anywhere anytime soon. The only opening for TL in my store is Food Ave, and my store desperately needs one. I've worked Food Ave off and on about three years ago and I must admit, I don't miss it. Even though I don't feel as passionately about Food Ave as I would a Logistics TL position, I know I would still give it my all as a team lead. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I become a Food Ave TL, will that be able to open doors to other TL positions in the store, or would it be best to wait for something else to open? I'm a little worried that if I accept the Food Ave position, they may not want to move me afterwards since it seems to be such a pain to find and keep a FA TL for longer than a few months.

I'm told that the FA TL position can be a bit of a black hole but I'd best let folks with more experience step in.
My first instinct would be to say take it as a foot in the door but I could be wrong.

If you are TL material, you need to be open to the idea of being global and learning new areas. They shouldn't stick you as the LOG-TL, as you'd be over your former-peers.

If you go for any TL spot use the tuition reimbursement perk to your advantage. You will be stuck as a TL until you get a degree. So without a bachelors, SrTL is the end of your target career. I'd go for food ave TL. It's not a great area, but TL is more about leading a team than it is about being able to work in a specific area. Global is the word.

Thanks for the input! We'll see what happens in the next month. The tuition reimbursement program is one of the main reasons why I'm interested in becoming team lead. I just received my AA in business and want to get my BA within the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back