Archived Promotions and corrective actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I explain why I'm skeptical about why I'm having difficulties in getting the promotion, lemme give a bit of a back story:

I had a few final warnings that happened in 2010 that have of course since lapsed and I'm out of the "critical period" of 1 year. I applied for a promotion that's open at a local store and their HR e-mailed my HR that there's some sort of "lapse date" (or something to that effect) that's preventing me from applying for said promotion. This lapse date isn't until some time in 2014, so does that mean that I can't get a promotion or a transfer until after that date or are they B.S.ing me?

Sounds like a BS excuse, but you can never be too sure when it comes to Spot.

Annie, are your ears on?

That's correct. You can't switch work centers, transfer to other stores or go for other jobs, if you are on ca or final.

That part I understand, but the critical period has passed, so what's with this other date that lasts 4 years after the CA happened? That's the part where I think things are fishy. I was told that within the critical period you're stuck and can't go anywhere (and that makes sense) but it's been over a year since the critical period was an issue for me.

If your last review was good & not an ie. you should be ok. Sometimes etl's don't forget the bad things you have done in the past & ignore the improvements to overcome the ca. All Politics!

It sounds to me like you're getting d*cked around. A good friend of mine was on a final for a year for malicious destruction of Target property. It's an absolute wonder he didn't get terminated... but the store loved him, and fought to keep him. A few months after he got off his year-long final, he was promoted to GSTL.

So, I don't buy what they said. They've got something else they're not telling you.

I received a final warning at the beginning of the year and I just got a promotion to TL last month. I don't know if it was because my ETL is signed off for STL and needed to demonstrate his "Manages Talent" expectation or what, but I'm glad I got it.:excited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back