Archived Prototype number of Key Carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Does anyone know if there is a specific number of key carriers a store can have overnight? Is it determined by the STL and need, or by best practice?

I would think it would depend on where the STL feels the need for key carriers would be, overnight would make sense to have more than one just to help lower the workload for the ETLs overnight (my store has 2 ETL and 1 SRTL overnight and more often than not only 1 of them is there to run between opening the front door, vendor door, answering the phones, and assisting at the timeclock)

Even though my store has two overnight ETLs, both of our flow TLs are key carriers, and I think our overnight backroom TL is one as well.

Usually depending on store volume there will be one Overnight Logistics ETL, one Overnight Replenishment ETL, one Overnight Key Carrying Backroom Team Leader and an overnight Key Carrying Flow Team Leader... Now, like I said that depends on the Volume/Org Chart. That's what I have at my store and were a fairly low volume....... but remain an overnight process for some various reasons....

My (4am) POG TL was made a key carrier partly because the ETL-Log would sometimes be late and they needed a contingency so people wouldn't have to wait around for her to show up after a night of drinking. The Flow TL was a senior so she was a key carrier by default.

Our ETL-Log shares his key. I remember when I was a tm he handed me his keys to open dock doors, receiving doors and containers. I dont know if I was the only one or what. He always said he trusted me and what not but still...

I asked my ETL-HL to open the electronics recycling container, and he couldn't close it and remove the key. He suggested I give it a try. It was the #1 key.

It was like trying to pull excalibur from the rock. In one big heave, I pulled it out and he started clapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back