Archived Pulling Backroom Items without the guest at the store

Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
Is or was there ever a policy concerning pulling backroom items (like TVs and furniture) with the guest not present at the store.

I don't know how many times, guests were calling in from another store or home asking if we had such a TV or piece of patio furniture, and if we did they wanted it put on hold.

I remember my first store (High Volume) would not pull anything from the back unless the guest was in the store.

Then my last store (Low Volume) would pull anything (TVs, furniture, cribs, strollers) for a guest even if they were not coming for a couple days, and keep the items on flats/tubs along the line.

At our store we don't usually pull anything unless the guest is in the store.
We will go and check but we don't hold things.

We'll pull and usually push to the front, but usually only hold for 24 hours at most....the flats on the line get to be too much to work around, especially on the weekends.

If the item is on sale or clearance then we definitely do NOT hold the item. If it is a limited quantity, then again, we don't pull or hold it for the guest unless he/she is in the store

We do not pull and/or hold any patio furniture, clearance or regular price. I agree with this stores position. Hot ad items are not held either. If you have a guest on the phone that wants it, they may or may not show up. I think we should be more focused on in store guests than those who are shopping by phone.

We do not pull and/or hold any patio furniture, clearance or regular price. I agree with this stores position. Hot ad items are not held either. If you have a guest on the phone that wants it, they may or may not show up. I think we should be more focused on in store guests than those who are shopping by phone.

yeah, i agree on not holding patio furniture (seasonal item). my old store would hold non-clearance items that were someone called for, but for 24 hours then it went back on the floor! we'd usually put them on a flat or tub at the express lanes we didn't use.

Current best practice is to hold non-clearance, non-ad, and/or limited quantity merchandise items for 24 hours at Guest Service.

at my store, best practice is that you CAN pull an item for a guest who isn't physically present at the store, so long as you don't subt it and don't tell anybody where you put it.

At our store, we'll pull an item (non-clearance, not high-demand) if a guest is en route but we'll only hold it 'til close; unless it's small enough to fit in a bin at service desk.

At my store, HELL NO. We don't have the time back there to be spending 5-10 minutes at a time getting big, bulky, heavy, stored-in-out-of-the-way-stupid-places items down for people who aren't in the store. 90% of the time we've done this, the guest has never shown up. We have more important things to do, like finishing push, doing backstock, pulling batches, pulling manual CAFs, etc. 5-10 minutes amounts to a lot of work, believe it or not.

Over my dead body will I let someone pull 249-13-0048 without a guest actually in the store and without making sure they have a large enough vehicle to put it in (you're honestly surprised that doesn't fit in your Prius?). Backroom TMs - most of you should know what that DPCI is faster than you know 2x2. Especially since it was on sale for a month straight, or more, a month or two ago.

No, but the futons are an old nemesis from 2009-2010. I forget the classes (best guesses are 19 and 12), but the department was 249 and the items were 0097, 0100, and 0101. Same deal though, just not as heavy as 13-0048. I'll let a few more guesses come in. Too early to give away just yet!

Thanx to the number of folks who DIDN'T measure their car, I now know the dimensions of that futon box.

We lend guests a tape measure before they buy a large object... just in case!

We only put non clearance, non high demand items on hold if the guest is on their way from another store. We only hold items for 24 hours and then push it back to the floor. We also don't hold items for a guest after they purchase it (EX. The grill doesn't fit in their car so they have to go borrow their friend's truck). I believe other stores in our area follow the same practice but I'm not sure.

At my store, HELL NO. We don't have the time back there to be spending 5-10 minutes at a time getting big, bulky, heavy, stored-in-out-of-the-way-stupid-places items down for people who aren't in the store. 90% of the time we've done this, the guest has never shown up. We have more important things to do, like finishing push, doing backstock, pulling batches, pulling manual CAFs, etc. 5-10 minutes amounts to a lot of work, believe it or not.

Over my dead body will I let someone pull 249-13-0048 without a guest actually in the store and without making sure they have a large enough vehicle to put it in (you're honestly surprised that doesn't fit in your Prius?). Backroom TMs - most of you should know what that DPCI is faster than you know 2x2. Especially since it was on sale for a month straight, or more, a month or two ago.

this cracked me up. I always hate it when I pull patio furniture for someone...say like a whole set....and the lady sees it on the flat as I wheel it up to the checklanes with her...and then after she purchases it she says something like "Gosh, I hope this fits in my compact 4-cylinder car."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back