Pushing Pulls, repacks, "todays workload" & "yesterday's workload" sucks

UboatOfDeath

The time frame vs reality
Today was a sad day for me. I was very overwhelmed, I was mad and sad at the same time. I always hated pushing pulls, but today made realize that I cannot stand them at all. Literally what's the point of dayside pulling something at 2pm and then saving it in the backroom for someone else to push it at 3AM???

Beyond dumb

Then I gotta deal with stuff that didn't pushed from the day before along with all the repacks from previous day? That's a whole other level of misery on its own...

I got no help, no overtime to finish up what got left behind. Just a coaching and "try better next time"

The thing that killed me the most though... everything was mixed. Had toys in my pallet, domestics, Hipa, automotive...

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe your store is a hot mess? Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. Hope your week gets better.
Unfortunately things haven't been better :/

Though, I've been very lucky in the sense that my shift leaders don't put in me in HOME DECOR very often. Either because they know the workload is so high that they don't wanna give me the "hours" to push it or my shift leaders put way too much priority on other departments...

I just find it baffling that they have 10pm PULLERS do pulls for home decor and not push it. Like what was the point 🤦‍♂️

Then they mix the hell out of those pulls from different departments and then the shift leaders tell the 12am/1am inbound crew to push it... or no one pushes it at all.

Is this store-wide, or just home decor? If someone can't buy a new throw pillow or whatever, it might not be a big deal; but if they can't buy what they really need (pet food, cleaning supplies, toothpaste, toilet paper, a gallon of milk), guests are going to leave and shop elsewhere. And they might find they like the other store better and not ever come back.

Is this store-wide, or just home decor? If someone can't buy a new throw pillow or whatever, it might not be a big deal; but if they can't buy what they really need (pet food, cleaning supplies, toothpaste, toilet paper, a gallon of milk), guests are going to leave and shop elsewhere. And they might find they like the other store better and not ever come back.
I feel like it's specifically home decor.

Back