Archived >Puts last Hatchimal on hold for a guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancels 20 flex orders for that same one because the guest never picked it up so it keeps showing the on hands as 1 in stock.

Why the fuck do we hold items?

Cancels 20 flex orders for that same one because the guest never picked it up so it keeps showing the on hands as 1 in stock.

It's what I've been asking since in-store pick up became a thing. We shouldn't do 24 hour hold. Only SPU. That way it's subtracted from on hands

Also someone should research it to zero for the on hands. If they don't pick it up put it out, someone gets lucky but the flex orders would stop as well.

We put things on hold because not every guest is aware of pick up in store or wants to give their credit/debit card info to Target.com. Its a hold over from the days before ecommerce. Should Target re-evaluate hold length? Probably. But 9/10 your not gonna be picking an item on hold if your store is following guidelines for 24hr hold anyways.

Your store should never be allowing hot items to be put on hold in the first place; whoever put a hatchimal on hold is either new, stupid, or both.

This reminds me of the time we got our new red hot selling Amazon fire sticks, and we had six, SIX holds for them, all from team members, one a GSTL who wanted 5 held, and one from the TM who put it on hold while he was covering for my meal. Idiots. GSTL got yelled at, TM got coached.

This reminds me of the time we got our new red hot selling Amazon fire sticks, and we had six, SIX holds for them, all from team members, one a GSTL who wanted 5 held, and one from the TM who put it on hold while he was covering for my meal. Idiots. GSTL got yelled at, TM got coached.

GSTL held 5 of them? WTF??? I could see one each total of two bought on their next break. If no one was asking for them, guest first. But five out of six? fuck no!

I absolutely agree with that! No 24 hour holds. FF instead.
We aren't allowed to do that at our store, FFs are automatically rejected. We get maybe two a week and they're gone within 15 to 30 minutes after the store opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back