COVID-19 Quarantine and COVID Pay

T90

Most press releases put out say:

“Extending benefits to help all of our team members navigate the impact of the coronavirus. This includes waiving our absenteeism policy, offering quarantine pay for 14 days and confirmed illness pay at 100% of their pay for 14 days.”

But what exactly Does that mean? Will team members receive different pay if they’re under quarantine than what they would receive if they have a confirmed Covid case. Are we going to get paid for the hours we are scheduled to work for the week and have to miss, or are we going to get paid for the average amount of hours that we already work each week. For example let’s say I came in contact with a few people at work who have tested positive for COVID and my average is 30 hours a week according to my paycheck but I’m scheduled for 14 hours this week but cannot go to work because I am under doctors orders to quarantine pending the results of my last COVID test. What benefits do I receive for missing work? Every where I look on corporate website says the same thing but it’s a little unclear and I’m sure a lot of us have questions about it.

Call Leaves and Disability right away. You will be paid for the time you miss if you have documentation of symptoms and do what they tell you to do. You can just use the free tele-doc that Target has provided.
Ill/Symptomatic Paid Leave Paid leave for team members who are experiencing symptoms or have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Who’s eligible: All team members, including team members with less than 90 days of service and seasonal team members.
Pay: 100% of pay based on average hours. Pay for non-exempt team members will be listed as two items: 75% sick pay and Other Pay. Pay may be spread over multiple paychecks.
Length: As directed by the provider or per CDC recommendations.
How to request: Team member (or HR) should request this leave through Target Leave and Disability. The leave can be requested in the following ways:  LeavePro self-service accessed from targetpayandbenefits.com by clicking on the “Manage Leave of Absence” link in the gray Resources box. Provider documentation can be uploaded to the site.  Call the Target Leave and Disability team at 800-828-5850.  Email targetleaveanddisability@reedgroup.com. Include team member name and team member number, effective dates of the leave and reason for the leave. Provider documentation should be attached to the email.
Documentation required: The team member will need to provide Target Leave and Disability documentation of the illness (e.g. note from their provider or the testing facility) for the leave to be approved and pay issued. Pay will not be issued until appropriate documentation has been received.
Return from Leave: Target Leave and Disability team will return the team member back to work based on direction by the medical provider or CDC guidelines.
Thanks
@Rarejem

Call Leaves and Disability right away. You will be paid for the time you miss if you have documentation of symptoms and do what they tell you to do. You can just use the free tele-doc that Target has provided.
Ill/Symptomatic Paid Leave Paid leave for team members who are experiencing symptoms or have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Who’s eligible: All team members, including team members with less than 90 days of service and seasonal team members.
Pay: 100% of pay based on average hours. Pay for non-exempt team members will be listed as two items: 75% sick pay and Other Pay. Pay may be spread over multiple paychecks.
Length: As directed by the provider or per CDC recommendations.
How to request: Team member (or HR) should request this leave through Target Leave and Disability. The leave can be requested in the following ways:  LeavePro self-service accessed from targetpayandbenefits.com by clicking on the “Manage Leave of Absence” link in the gray Resources box. Provider documentation can be uploaded to the site.  Call the Target Leave and Disability team at 800-828-5850.  Email targetleaveanddisability@reedgroup.com. Include team member name and team member number, effective dates of the leave and reason for the leave. Provider documentation should be attached to the email.
Documentation required: The team member will need to provide Target Leave and Disability documentation of the illness (e.g. note from their provider or the testing facility) for the leave to be approved and pay issued. Pay will not be issued until appropriate documentation has been received.
Return from Leave: Target Leave and Disability team will return the team member back to work based on direction by the medical provider or CDC guidelines.
Thanks
@Rarejem
Thank you, I called leave and disability and they said I had to contact my stores HR lead. She’s not in today so I just wanted a quick response from the forum. So I won’t be paid my average hours? Just my hours missed?

Back