Archived Question About Baffle Errors In The BackRoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again!! i was working today but i kind of made it harder for myself. When i was doing caf pulls i would go to STOand toggle before i pull anything to make sure whatever is in that location is actually there! It was a pain but i really want to try and have at least no or maybe 1 or 2 baffles. If you can get back with me formina on how to prevent some baffle errors it would be appreciated! thanks!

thanks again!! i was working today but i kind of made it harder for myself. When i was doing caf pulls i would go to STOand toggle before i pull anything to make sure whatever is in that location is actually there! It was a pain but i really want to try and have at least no or maybe 1 or 2 baffles. If you can get back with me formina on how to prevent some baffle errors it would be appreciated! thanks!

Grr... My point is falling to deaf ears!! See the whole reason for a baffle report is so we can see where errors are being made, and followup on possible issues to fix them! If we are being less productive pulling (by toggling out of the pull to fix mistakes) then we are not only hiding potential issues, but hurting the productivity in other processes as well!

yeah but sadly enough my team lead in the backroom looks at that report and looks at the baffle numbers of everyone and the one with the most he tells them they are messing up!!! total bs! anyway all im trying to do is to stop my baffle numbers! the only way " i think " that im stopping it is to toggle before i pull and to see if the items are really there! Majorly time consuming and i know for a fact my pull numbers went down. ill check the report monday to see if there is any difference. Again my team lead uses that report against us.

Most likely the issue isn't with what you are pulling... You need to look at the report and see where the majority of your errors are coming from! It divides it down for you on the report... if I had to guess, based on what you have posted, I would guess it is an issue with you using LOCU on all the locations you have problems with! See, if you LOCU a location and someone just puts something into that location and forgets to sto it in, then that errors goes against you! If you are using LOCU constantly over the course of the day, the chances of these errors getting pegged on you is pretty likely...

On the report id have maybe 2 baffles in a wacko and a shelf! Is what im doing now ok with the toggling before i pull anything? When i do cafs and toggle first to sto and a item is there and it is not located which i have been finding alot. Id backstock it and then go to another item in that location then toggle back and scan it to see if it comes out! Now that i know about getting hit with the errors with LOCU im not going to use it. ill just make sure everything is there before i do my pulls. what do you think?

If you're looking for things that aren't located in the location you're pulling from by using STO, you're only preventing other people from getting errors on the baffle report, not yourself. Assuming that you backstock everything correctly.

And this is what Target has reduced everyone to. Cheating. I know its done at most stores and because they do it then stores that do not cheat look like they are not as accurate and thus they also begin to cheat. It also now speads to the team members who go through the same thing. You should be using M-delete if you can not find the item so that error can be recorded and then examined by your Team Lead and corrected. Your Team Lead should be the one looking at that report and telling you what you are doing wrong and how to correct it, now brow beating people about. Honestly it simply sounds like you have bad leadership.

And this is what Target has reduced everyone to. Cheating. I know its done at most stores and because they do it then stores that do not cheat look like they are not as accurate and thus they also begin to cheat. It also now speads to the team members who go through the same thing. You should be using M-delete if you can not find the item so that error can be recorded and then examined by your Team Lead and corrected. Your Team Lead should be the one looking at that report and telling you what you are doing wrong and how to correct it, now brow beating people about. Honestly it simply sounds like you have bad leadership.

Exactly... it will catch up to the stores that cheat eventually! Say the errors in your store are caused by just one or two TMs who were not trained right... but your backroom team fakes out mistakes so they go unnoticed! They will continue to make errors because there is no way for the TL to really track down the problem performers, and more likely than not, their "knowledge" will spread to new TMs who will make mistakes as well! Your backroom team will continue to have to stop pulling and fix more and more mistakes, until you aren't making goal times with pulls because it takes too long to fix the errors! Now all of a sudden, you aren't making your hours and other things in your backroom aren't getting done because too much payroll is getting dumped into the pulling process! The stores that took a hit on their accuracy for a couple weeks, tracked down the cause of the errors, and fixed them now have a green accuracy and a more efficient process in the long run!

Is there anyway to look up the report on the computer before the next week starts?? So i dont have to wait a whole nother week just to see the report?? The report came out today and i have 540 pulls and 4 baffles! 1 in a open stock, 1 in a uppercase and 2 which are unassigned! I dont see how 2 of the pulls were unassigned unless they are by where all the bulk is. This baffle thing is really frustrating. This also starts my first week in trying out my new pull method even though it wastes some time! I toggle to STO when im doing a pull. For a example it would tell me to go to a location and to pull. Id toggle and scan a item and make sure the quantity is in there. Than id toggle back and scan to see if its that item that comes out. If its not id toggle and do it to the next item! Now what i been noticing alot today is id toggle and scan something but it wasnt located, doesnt have a quantity or it had a wrong quantity. Thats where i would back out and LOCU to fix it! Would this help with the baffles??? Thats why im asking if i could see the report earlier. I want to see if its working and if not ill stop wasting all this time!

No, the report only updates once a week and your TL most likely prints and posts it on the day it updates.

You should probably stop toggling over to STO and checking items. Like I said before, those errors wouldn't be assigned to you unless you are the one who originally put that item in the location - wouldn't you remember putting it there when you saw it, and shouldn't you be backstocking it correctly in the first place? Errors that show up under your name on the report are items that you miscounted or missed when LOCU'ing, or M-deleted even though that product was still in the location. ANOTHER TM then comes along to that location and scans the product in question while pulling. That is how errors are showing up in your name. What you need to do to prevent these errors is triple check for accuracy while backstocking using STO.

Use U-pdate to fix quantity errors you encounter while backstocking. For example, if you are in PHAR, and you are backstocking 3 packages of Burt's Bees chapstick. It tells you there are 14 in 01A017C37. So you go to that waco, pull it out, and see that there are really only 3 burts bees in that location. Do you simply add your three in and ignore the fact that the quantity is off? Absolutely not, because that will generate a baffle for you next time a TM (or yourself) pulls that product out of the location in a pull batch. Pretend that the system asks for all 17 that it believes are in there. However, the TM pulling only counts 6 total in there, so he'll key 6, and the system will know that someone screwed up counting. It will look to the last person to backstock in that location ...it was you! Baffle in an Open Stock Location for joshr1990.

To avoid the error illustrated above, when you pull open that waco and discover the system's quantity for the burts bee's is incorrect, you can use the U-pdate function in STO. Scan the location, then on the screen that you key the quantity into, you can see there is U-pdate. Press this, the PDA will beep 4 times, and you can key a new total quantity for the amount of burts Bee's in there. So you can throw your 3 packages in with the existing 3, U-pdate and key 6 total. This will Update the system's quantity without having to toggle over to SUBT and doing it the long way.

When I worked dayside, I had figures of 1500 to 1600 pulls a week and no baffles, so it's definitely possible to be an active backroom TM and have no baffles. Be careful when backstocking, use common sense and fix any errors you encounter (while backstocking, not while pulling) by using LOCU (CAREFULLY!), SUBT, or U-pdate.

Thanks!!! When i backstock i always use SUBT. Lets say im backstocking 4 bags of candy. Now im putting them in a waco that has the same candy with a quantity of 7. id scan it. scan the waco enter in 999 and add the 7 + 4 which is 11. I usually dont backstock that much. Now lets use your examle. What if there is 6 burts bees in the waco and he only sees 5 so pulls 5. But there really is one extra one. Would i get a baffle or would he? the next person who scans the item in a pull for something else but finds that item and scans it? You also can trick the system right if it says to pull 17 of the burts bees but there really is 6. Youd put in 17 and make sure there is only 6? So basically how i know it you can only get hit with a baffle is during a pull if you enter the wrong quantity to pull? and if you mess up using LOCU? Maybe im being too paranoid! I wouldnt get hit with a baffle if it tells me to pull 4 items of hairspray and I only see 3? Id only get hit with one if i put 3 in but didnt see the 4th with whoever scans it next correct? Another thing i been noticing in the backroom. Would i get hit with a baffle if i go for a pull and it tells me to scan out 2 poptarts so i hit 2 but theres another one of the same but it isnt located but i leave it in there. Thanks im trying to understand this and to have it downpact. My team lead told me my baffles come from other peoples mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back