Archived Question about ETL Promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m new to breakroom. Thanks for welcoming me guys! So it looks like I’m going to have an opportunity to take a TL position soon. However, I’m going to be completing my degree and graduating this May. And I ultimately want to be ETL. Would accepting the lower TL position cause me to be “locked in” for a period of time where I can’t go upward???

Can’t go upward?
Like am I locked into the position for 12-18 months or something? Like if I accept the position now. Would i have to wait until at least next November before I could be eligible for ETL??

Last edited:
TLs are recommended to complete 18 months in roll but are not required like etls.
Thank you. Was just curious because I’ve worked so hard for a TL chance. That chance looks like it’s coming but with my degree almost here, I don’t want to waste the degree if that makes sense.

Thank you. Was just curious because I’ve worked so hard for a TL chance. That chance looks like it’s coming but with my degree almost here, I don’t want to waste the degree if that makes sense.
Completely. Just be very clear about what you want with your stl. You won’t be tied to that position. If you’re good at what you do and they want you to be an ETL, getting TL won’t make you stuck for 18 months.

If your store is under the Pilot model then yes you are locked in position for 18 months (or a year depending who you ask). But if you are promoting your DTL can get you into a new role sooner.

The 18 month in role requirement is actually just a suggestion; a well-worn suggestion, but they'll make exceptions. All my promotions took place before my 18 months was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back