Archived Question about matching Price Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, but I saw that ads were leaking out for the second week in November. There may possibly be a price reduction on the Xbox One.

If I were to get an Xbox One the week before, could I get a price adjustment with the receipt, or would I have to return and repurchase?

I am thinking that the best deals on Xbox one will show up on Black Friday, because that's when x360 goes to 149.99, usually.

Price Adjustments are price matched, but not "Buy/Get" deals IIRC. If it is a Gift Card deal(Which it most likely is), it won't be matched.

Not sure if this is acceptable everywhere but members of a Target Facebook group have gotten price adjustments on clearance items. For example, when they got an item at 30%, they would come back for the price adjustment if it went to 50% or more. So I would imagine you could get the price adjustment on the Xbox One a week later. Only exception would be Black Friday sales, maybe.

Not sure if this is acceptable everywhere but members of a Target Facebook group have gotten price adjustments on clearance items. For example, when they got an item at 30%, they would come back for the price adjustment if it went to 50% or more. So I would imagine you could get the price adjustment on the Xbox One a week later. Only exception would be Black Friday sales, maybe.
Yeah, some of those people must have tried to come to our store. Target's official policy is not to adjust down for clearance, so that doesn't fly with us, no matter how much they push.

It really depends on what the ad says. If it's an actual sale price, we should be able to do it straight with no problems. If it's "buy one, get a free game" and you did that the week before, it is brand to do a return and rebuy of those. If it's for a gift card, that technically isn't part of a promotion we will honor after the fact, but YMMV. We also will not adjust down for the Black Friday ads.

Holiday price matching starts again on November 1st. See your friendly guest service TM for details and restrictions.

we don't adjust clearance. the reason we mark it down more is hope to get rid of it. why mark it at 30% off if you get rid of you entire stock and some other store stilk can't get rid of it at 70% off?

i'm in an area with no local competitors. so i have to explain that a lot.

As far as black Friday price matching, the word comes out on a big billboard posted at the only door is open and says no, we are not price matching black Friday merchandise. Who knows this year....

As far as when it comes to price matching, how I tell guest, is that if there are any conditions set on said item- have to be a member, 2 day sale, temp price cut, buy a,b,c get d,e,f- those type of stips - target says no. If it's a straight price on the exact same thing for however long a normal sale process goes for that company- then you're gold.

It's easier for me to break it down that way than saying the full shpeal.

Clearance? I effin hate clearance. That is all... haha. I understand from the guest experience, but then come back to the dark side and you're just trying to manage good business. I swears, you have to present any and all return possibilities and options at check out. Don't open the disk case if you might bring it back, you get it for what you paid for if you have your receipt, unopened and unused unless there is a reasonable defect etc. (I.e. that crazy lady who brought back a pair of flip flops bc they fell apart- yeah they will do that when you go hiking in them) oh I hate those guest, "well this other employee told me from that other store, i could do this..."-well go back there and ring their necks!!

Ahhhh blaaaa. There's only so much you can do.

"well this other employee told me from that other store, i could do this..."-well go back there and ring their necks!

I've come to enjoy getting those guests. When they pull the, "well xxxx at the other store said it was okay " I usually pull out my notepad and pen and ask, "which store was it, and what was the employee's name? That's a very serious offense."

Which is generally followed by five minutes of hemming and hawing and backpedaling with a few, "oh, I don't want to get anyone in trouble" statements.

My wife follows these groups and every so often she'll ask if she can get a price adjustment on clearance. I let her know clearance is a gamble. You can get it now at 30% or wait and hope they have it at 50% or greater. But I will not go with you if you try to get a price adjustment.

We have a ton of Targets nearby so we can always go from store to store to see who has the highest clearance percentage.

So, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, but I saw that ads were leaking out for the second week in November. There may possibly be a price reduction on the Xbox One.

If I were to get an Xbox One the week before, could I get a price adjustment with the receipt, or would I have to return and repurchase?
Guess what has happened!
Microsoft cuts price of Xbox One for holidays

http://usat.ly/1wuWZHC

I just saw this today, haha my lucky day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back