Archived Question about meal break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm new both here and at Target. Everything is going well and I like where I work and my fellow TMs. One thing I am confused about is the meal and break policy. I worked a shift today from 10:00 AM (I clocked in at 9:55) and I got off at 3:00 PM. That's exactly five hours. Was I supposed to take a meal break sometime during those five hours or is it when I have a shift that goes longer than five hours? Example, I work 6 1/2 hours on Wednesday of the coming week. I know that I have to take a meal break before I hit five hours. Does the 30 minute meal break apply to those who 5 or less hours in a shift?

Sorry about the long opening post. I'm still really nervous since this is my first week on the job and I'm trying to conform to all of the policies so I don't risk my job. Thanks again!

It depends on your state labor laws. Some states say you have to have an unpaid meal break for every 5 hours worked. While others say 6. It never hurts to check with your HR. And the labor laws are always posted somewhere near the schedule! Don't be nervous everyone was new once!

nd welcome to the Breakroom!

The 30 minute by the fifth hour is a result of to many people hitting compliance from going over 6. If you're only working five hours however, you do not need to take a lunch. By your schedules there should be a list that breaks down breaks and meals. Any questions that aren't clarified there should be asked of your HR team as some of these things will vary.

Check with your HR or there should be a break/lunch policy posing around the timeclock or TMSC. It will vary according to your state. Some states mandate a paid break for each 4 hrs worked & a 30 min unpaid (off the clock) lunch for every 6 hrs scheduled. Again, the laws will differ according to your state.

Thanks for your response and for the welcome! I work in Florida. So, I'm good then right?

Login to EHR from the team memeber services link at the bottom of the target webpage. Select the my pay tab on the left followed by the timekeeping/eclock tab. Select region/group/district. On the page that appears you'll find the meal and break period requirements. Basically it is what is posted on your schedule board.

Login to EHR from the team memeber services link at the bottom of the target webpage. Select the my pay tab on the left followed by the timekeeping/eclock tab. Select region/group/district. On the page that appears you'll find the meal and break period requirements. Basically it is what is posted on your schedule board.

I tried that and the site doesn't work. I used IE like it said to do and I can't view any of my information. Figures :lol:

I tried that and the site doesn't work. I used IE like it said to do and I can't view any of my information. Figures :lol:

When it gives you a bunch of pop ups select no. It is asking if you want to display unsecure information and because the website is crap, there ends up being a lot of it. I open it with firefox using ietab.

GTC for Jack of all Workcenters.

Welcome to The Break Room to Ace91.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back