Archived Question about possibly training

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Hey guys.

So, a few weeks ago, my ETL-HR informed me that they were gonna go forward with testing me out as an GSA. Basically, they wanted to test things out to make sure I'm comfortable with managing a team and so forth. She implied that they would have a GSA/GSTL at the Service Desk while I would run the front as a way to test.

I checked my new schedule and I'm still Service Desk all week. I'll probably end up asking, but do you think I'll just be scheduled this way and then train that way, or do you think they'll put "GSA - Training" or something to that effect on the schedule?

They'll probably still schedule you as you have been scheduled. Remember, they're "testing" you. So you won't be scheduled as a GSA just yet. Also, if people tend to see a (unusual) name on the grid or what-not, then they probably might call out on you, etc. The last thing you want is to be set up to fail. They seem to want you to succeed. Good luck and I hope you get it!!;)

Congrats on being considered for a new position!

The only person who can answer that question is the person who scheduled you. If the ETL-HR wrote your schedule, then you need to ask her. She could have put you under service desk and then have you do GSA instead. She could have just forgot. It could also be that you are not being tested yet until another week or more. Many possibilities. Who knows what she was thinking besides herself? When in doubt, I would say ask (and then update us ☺). Good luck!

They could be waiting for the right time and will just switch you with a GSA/GSTL one day. But you are in charge of your own development, so it's up to you to follow up.

Haha thanks for the positive encouragement, appreciate it! I checked the new schedule and I have training so looks like the question has been answered, thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back