Archived question about salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our PATL activates it so if any turns up, it's turned over to them to salvage out.

This. Also, if your service desk team uses Smart Sort, then they'll catch missed salvage when sorting re-shop and they can send it out with the green defectives.

if it's in reshop cart i put it on a clearence end cap in hopes someone will get a bargin and it scans at $0.00 and they get it for free. That is better that just throwing the salvage in the compactor.
I have seen so much halloween salavage just tossed in the compactor this year.
What Target cannot donate it to a charity or goodwill ???

if it's in reshop cart i put it on a clearence end cap in hopes someone will get a bargin and it scans at $0.00 and they get it for free. That is better that just throwing the salvage in the compactor.
I have seen so much halloween salavage just tossed in the compactor this year.
What Target cannot donate it to a charity or goodwill ???

It won't ring up as free, it will prompt for a price to be entered. Most of the salvage at my store gets donated. Pretty much the only thing that goes in the compactor is One Spot.

qmosqueen, items that are salvaged are sent out of the store and given to closeout buyers. I'm not sure of the process though - you'd have to ask a receiver.

It won't ring up as free, it will prompt for a price to be entered.

This. If I come across such an item when I'm cashing, I type in the price on the clearance ticket. Or if there's no clearance ticket, I call over the GSTL to check the most recent selling price on the PDA (via Item Search or NOP). Even though we're technically not supposed to sell (unprocessed) missed salvage, isn't it better for Target to make a little money by selling the item rather than salvaging it (or tossing it if it's One Spot)?

then why did they toss hundreds of black halloween type eithr woman or girls dress right into the compactor. I saw it first hand, you know i live in that compactor, I'm the qmos queen.

if it's in reshop cart i put it on a clearence end cap in hopes someone will get a bargin and it scans at $0.00 and they get it for free.

This is a bad idea because ringing up an item for $0.00 is specifically mentioned in the handbook as something to never ever do. So if some poor new cashier actually did what you were hoping and gave it to the guest for free, they'd likely get into trouble. On the other hand, ETLs and TLs generally don't care too much if you sell salvage at its last clearance price if it's something fairly small like $1 shirts, but anything of significance you should put your foot down about not selling like electronics to avoid possibly getting in trouble.

then why did they toss hundreds of black halloween type eithr woman or girls dress right into the compactor. I saw it first hand, you know i live in that compactor, I'm the qmos queen.

Maybe it depends on the store? I know our salvage is sent out to the DC for donation to Goodwill.

Recalls must be disposed of, unless it goes back CRC.

Some vendors/manufacturers do not want their stuff to end up in a Goodwill for image issues (like clothing, higher-end brands, etc.), in that case, it is disposed of... It's not Target's choice, but in the vendor/manufacturer contract.

Seasonal merchandise (like halloween) may not be donated because of the large quantity... Maybe Goodwill refuses it because they don't want to overhelm their thrift stores with Halloween merchandise.

qmosqueen, items that are salvaged are sent out of the store and given to closeout buyers. I'm not sure of the process though - you'd have to ask a receiver.

It won't ring up as free, it will prompt for a price to be entered.

This. If I come across such an item when I'm cashing, I type in the price on the clearance ticket. Or if there's no clearance ticket, I call over the GSTL to check the most recent selling price on the PDA (via Item Search or NOP). Even though we're technically not supposed to sell (unprocessed) missed salvage, isn't it better for Target to make a little money by selling the item rather than salvaging it (or tossing it if it's One Spot)?

Our AP-ETL will hunt people down if missed salvaged is sold. The sale actually results in a loss because the counts were zero'd out... I guess we don't make money on inventory that causes negative counts.

I've also heard that due to licensing issues (like designers or brands), allow their products to be sold within a limited time window... If merchandise is sold outside of that time-window, the store can incur a fine because the contract was up or the license was expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back