Archived Question about scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I signed up for a volunteer event that's happening tomorrow, and in order to make sure I didn't get scheduled for the block of time for the event, my ETL HR told me to submit a temporary availability change. I did so - and I made sure it was temporary - and it was approved, but now the schedule for two weeks out is posted and I got 3 shifts against my permanent availability. Even though I'm SURE I selected temporary - my default availability pattern in MyTime is still showing as what the permanent availability is - apparently it wiped out in the system. My HR TM had me resubmit my availability and has fixed one of the shifts, but still...has this happened to anybody? What do I do if HR can't fix the other shifts? If it isn't showing that it's against my availability in their system, I don't really have a leg to stand on when I have to call out. I don't want it on my record, but there's no way I can work the shifts.

Why would your ETL tell you to change your availabilty? Next time just do a time off request. And definitely keep pestering HR until it's fixed.
I fully agree with this. Why would HR have you do a avail change? Sounds like to me that would be more work for you and them...I would think a time off request would had worked much better

Why would your ETL tell you to change your availabilty? Next time just do a time off request. And definitely keep pestering HR until it's fixed.
I fully agree with this. Why would HR have you do a avail change? Sounds like to me that would be more work for you and them...I would think a time off request would had worked much better

I only needed a 4 hour time block, not the whole day, so in order to keep my availability open to some extent for that day he told me to just do a temporary availability change for that week. Unfortunately, my resubmitted availability change got denied, and it's still showing me as completely open in the system. HR TM's are saying if I resubmit it probably won't get approved. Not sure what to do at this point. The other two shifts did not get switched, so I guess I'm responsible for trying to get them covered (at least that's what my ETL HR said). I'm really not sure what to do if I can't, because I'm at internship during one of the shifts, and the other shift ends right as one of my classes begins. HR had me write down my availability so that they could arrange my upcoming schedule around my availability anyway, but there are still 3 weeks after that where my availability is limited. I doubt they're going to remember my availability for those schedules.

Unless it was a subtle way to force you into an open avail.
We had an hrtm who did this to several TMs going into Q4, telling them that there wasn't anything they could do until the TMs went to the ETL-HR & STL. Hrtm left shortly thereafter.

I only needed a 4 hour time block, not the whole day, so in order to keep my availability open to some extent for that day he told me to just do a temporary availability change for that week. Unfortunately, my resubmitted availability change got denied, and it's still showing me as completely open in the system. HR TM's are saying if I resubmit it probably won't get approved. Not sure what to do at this point. The other two shifts did not get switched, so I guess I'm responsible for trying to get them covered (at least that's what my ETL HR said). I'm really not sure what to do if I can't, because I'm at internship during one of the shifts, and the other shift ends right as one of my classes begins. HR had me write down my availability so that they could arrange my upcoming schedule around my availability anyway, but there are still 3 weeks after that where my availability is limited. I doubt they're going to remember my availability for those schedules.

You do realize you can summit a time off request requesting off for only those 4 hours....

You do realize you can summit a time off request requesting off for only those 4 hours....

This. Though I think every time I submit a partial day off request I end up with the full day off.

This fact combined with the fact they won't let you change your availability back makes me think this was some sort of sick ploy to get you to change your availability.

This. Though I think every time I submit a partial day off request I end up with the full day off.

This fact combined with the fact they won't let you change your availability back makes me think this was some sort of sick ploy to get you to change your availability.

I certainly hope not. I was very clear about when my availability would open. I only have one day a week I stated I was completely unavailable. I'm a full time graduate student and doing 18 hours a week at an internship. As it stands I almost always have to close after being at internship all day, and usually have to work before going to a Wednesday night class. My availability is 100% what I'm technically available to work, not what I'd like to work. They know this. Ugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back