Archived Question about Switching Shifts at TSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had put a date up that I would have liked to have switched with another person on the Switch Request board over in TSC at my store, because I had tickets for a concert and it slipped my mind to put in the request for time off on eHR. I know that is partly my fault, and I accept the responsibility for it. SO when I found out I was working the day of said concert(the day the schedule was posted with that date on it) I put it on the Swap Shift request board ASAP. The next day when I worked, I saw a fellow team member had signed that they would like to accept my shift, so I was very glad to be having off, I even went over to her and said thank you and I really needed it off.

Fast forward to today, two weeks later, when I was in my store doing some shopping, I figured I would stop over by my friends in my department and see just for the heck of it if maybe she switched again with another worker or something(because I have seen her do that before), and it turns out I am still scheduled to work tomorrow. I suppose she signed up for wanting to cover it, but an LOD or someone didn't approve the switch. This whole entire time I was under the impression I was covered so I didn't even bother to check the Swap Shift board until today, where my name was right back up at the top, and not in my handwriting anymore.

Now I don't know what to do; I do not want to get in trouble for having to call off, and I don't want to try and make some stupid excuse as to why I need to call off.

any bit of advice on how to handle a situation like this?

TL;DR - Put shift on board, someone signed for it, turns out they didn't take it, now I'm still scheduled working

If they signed their name, but it was never approved then you are still responsible for that shift. Someone putting your name back on the board is pretty shady. You might try talking to your HR, but if it was never approved, then they will still want you to work it most of the time. So you're really left with finding someone else to cover it, or calling out for that shift.

My guess is it wasn't meant to be shady. Your fellow TM signed up to take it, and it wasn't approved for whatever reason...not trained in that work center, would be over on hours, the LOD that day put their socks on backwards...who the hell knows.

So they may have written not approved next to it or something. (Hint, I always check it obsessively until it is signed off on). They may have rewritten it up there for you as a favor, thinking that it would get noticed and would be less confusing if it was on a line with a blank line for someone to sign up to take it.

Why don't you just ask her if she still wants the shift and then get it approved by the LOD right then and there? Or just ask around to see if someone wants it. Swap shifts go super fast at my store because people want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back