Assets Protection Question for AP/LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Basically, I was at a local store in a big city area. I grabbed an electronic device <$150 and decided to walk out.. for some fresh air and to make a phone call because I could not get service inside. I did not have the item concealed as I planned to go back in and pay for it, of course. I got through one door and didn't make it through the other. The loss prevention guy popped out of nowhere with his other LP buddy behind me.

I escaped.

I didn't get away with any of the items. The only ID they could have on me is my plate if they got it off the outside cameras of me coming IN to the store (I parked in the back and reversed out, so they couldn’t have gotten it going away from the store).

Do you think they will follow through with this with the police? What do you think is going to happen? Obviously a lot of what I did is on video surveillance. The store is very tall in the front. I dont know how good the quality of the outside cameras are.

The positives for me are.. I didn’t walk off with their items and they don't have anything to ID me except maybe a plate if the outside cameras are good enough.

As AP and LP, what would your store have done/do?

d14628_816e5e23811c40c5a2e207a33f6094cf~mv2.png

lol..im sure out of the 100 useless comments soon to be posted here I shall get an answer with some utility.

TLDR:
you walked out with a $150 item? And then left the items and ran away?

Quality of all cameras are very good. They can 100% see your face and plate.

You’ve almost positively been tagged in AP’s system. You are most likely not welcome back in that target if not other targets as well.

You seriously thought it was okay to leave the store with unpaid Merch? Let alone $150 of it? Like?????? Just leave the item in the store and come back for it. You seriously thought they wouldn’t think you’re stealing? Is this a joke?

Last edited:
Why would you ever think stepping out of the store with anything you haven’t paid for? That was extremely stupid. Even if you had the “intent” to pay for it. Which I doubt. I’m betting you actually were going to steal it and now you’re freaking the fuck out like a pussy because you were caught. No one with any shred of common sense or any intelligence would walk out of the store with something without paying for it and then make a run for it when they see security behind them if they “were going to pay for it” after their “phone call”

If you can’t afford something then you don’t deserve it. People that steal are absolute trash. Just accept that you’re a broke ass bitch and eat your off brand macaroni and cheese with pride

I think it has a lot to do with convictions of the AP team. I have seen them working on an apprehension that gets out of the store and they just drop it, but I’ve also seen them very invested in a case that gets away and they get the local police involved.

I think there are many policies and procedures they have to follow that I know nothing about.

lol..im sure out of the 100 useless comments soon to be posted here I shall get an answer with some utility.

Here is all the utility you are going to get.

This is a forum for people who work for or have worked at Target.

We don't have any use for shoplifters who want to assess the LP process for our places of business or trolls who want to act like they are.

This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back