Archived Question for Cart Attendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other question, I am scheduled to start at 7:30 on Sunday. What am I going to do for 30 minutes before opening? Granted I can zone I guess, but I've never been scheduled that early......... Just curious.

Ck with your gstl today & find out about it. That's weird.

One other question, I am scheduled to start at 7:30 on Sunday. What am I going to do for 30 minutes before opening? Granted I can zone I guess, but I've never been scheduled that early......... Just curious.

Help with adset?
Just thinking out loud.

I made it. Had to sit down a couple times for fear of passing out because I was so overheated and light headed. I really love how guests are so inconsiderate towards you. I had a man laying on his horn because I was blocking him. I had a huge line of carts, and I had no choice but to wait for guests to pass before I could bring them into the cart bay and there were cars crossing in front of the store. He had to wait maybe two minutes. I'm sorry, but if you're in that much of a hurry, turn around and go up a different lane. Then I had another brilliant woman that saw me that came out of the store and saw me stop the carts in front of the cart doors, there was a small gap in between the cart pusher and the carts because as you all know the momentum of the carts separates them when you stop. I opened the door, walked inside to guide them in and started to move the pusher up to the carts to push them in and the dumb broad was trying to cut in between the pusher and the carts. There was a gap of maybe 2 and a half feet. Luckily I caught her out of the corner of my eye before the pusher moved more than maybe 2 inches. Is it that much of an inconvenience to take 2 or 3 extra steps to walk behind the pusher? Is it not obvious what I'm doing? I have a job to do here, I have to do it or we don't have carts! People are so friggin' inconsiderate of people sometimes and only care about themselves. Oh let's just walk between the cart pusher and the carts, I'm sure he won't be moving that anytime soon considering it's blocking all traffic and guests in front of the store. Pure brilliance and laziness.

I made it. Had to sit down a couple times for fear of passing out because I was so overheated and light headed. I really love how guests are so inconsiderate towards you. I had a man laying on his horn because I was blocking him. I had a huge line of carts, and I had no choice but to wait for guests to pass before I could bring them into the cart bay and there were cars crossing in front of the store. He had to wait maybe two minutes. I'm sorry, but if you're in that much of a hurry, turn around and go up a different lane. Then I had another brilliant woman that saw me that came out of the store and saw me stop the carts in front of the cart doors, there was a small gap in between the cart pusher and the carts because as you all know the momentum of the carts separates them when you stop. I opened the door, walked inside to guide them in and started to move the pusher up to the carts to push them in and the dumb broad was trying to cut in between the pusher and the carts. There was a gap of maybe 2 and a half feet. Luckily I caught her out of the corner of my eye before the pusher moved more than maybe 2 inches. Is it that much of an inconvenience to take 2 or 3 extra steps to walk behind the pusher? Is it not obvious what I'm doing? I have a job to do here, I have to do it or we don't have carts! People are so friggin' inconsiderate of people sometimes and only care about themselves. Oh let's just walk between the cart pusher and the carts, I'm sure he won't be moving that anytime soon considering it's blocking all traffic and guests in front of the store. Pure brilliance and laziness.

Yea, this is why i believe cart attendants should get more respect, your literally busting your butt during the busiest times of days while u gotta calm your nerves down. Watching out for guests entering as well as traffic can be a pain, especially when the GSTL is yelling at you to bring more carts inside.

Well the only advice i would give u is make sure you create enough space for you when u go back inside, i always leave a space empty so i can bring in carts with no problems and always bring around 25 carts so u don't cause traffic jams when coming back into the store. It's kind of common sense when u are trying to grab carts, gotta be as efficient and make sure u can go outside and grab carts w/o much hassle.

I agree some guests will take the shortcut, but when they look at you with that big train coming in, what else will make their eyes AWE in interrupting you, because they KNOW they will at least be able to get a cart when your already low on carts lol.

I'm not made to go out if it is POURING rain, of course lightning and what not too, I'll help on register or with reshop. There was one time where there a rain storm moving in right as I clocked in. My GA said she'd help me get them, right as we get out, it starts pouring, we bring enough in and then our STL just laughs, requisitions a few towels, and tells me to wait until it stops raining to finish getting carts.

I can't understand why Target is so cheap. If they bought a blower and mounted it above the cart doors, it would blow off the water from the carts. Instead of pushing a line of carts to the side and manually hand dry the carts with a towel reeking of mildew.

I can't understand why Target is so cheap. If they bought a blower and mounted it above the cart doors, it would blow off the water from the carts. Instead of pushing a line of carts to the side and manually hand dry the carts with a towel reeking of mildew.

I agree, usually if we know its coming, or there are wet carts, we will move the dry ones closest to entrance and use the space to the left of that for the wet ones to air dry themselves. It sure beats hand drying carts.

Definitely check the weather before your shift, and partner with your GSTL/GSA before the storm. We had a nasty storm last week, and I grabbed a vest and ran out into the parking lot to help bring in all of the carts w/ the cart attendant before the storm hit.

We had all of the carts in by the time it started to rain!

Would totally do that but all my GSA's and GSTL's are women and don't (well maybe one of them isn't, I've seen her out there grabbing carts) but the rest don't. One of my GSA's is pregnant too, I would never allow her to do such a thing.

This is not to say this isn't sound and great advise. It's just weather or not I'm in the position to do so with the right person. What about a sales floor team member? Anybody ever have a person in soft or hard lines out there helping?

Last edited:
Would totally do that but all my GSA's and GSTL's are women and don't (well maybe one of them isn't, I've seen her out there grabbing carts) but the rest don't. One of my GSA's is pregnant too, I would never allow her to do such a thing.

This is not to say this isn't sound and great advise. It's just weather or not I'm in the position to do so with the right person. What about a sales floor team member? Anybody ever have a person in soft or hard lines out there helping?
We do all the time in HL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back