Archived Question help!! Perhaps HRs/STLs can please help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to know if after being fired from target can you be hired back at the same store? When I was fired from Target my HR told me I can reapply at other Target stores after one month and at that same store after six months. So the six months is coming up and I asked my old co-workers to ask her if I could in fact be hired back and she said that after six months I can apply to other Target stores and I can never work at that same Target store again.

My question is: Is she correct? Why can I not be hired back to that store? What is the difference between that store and the others with me being hired back?

The reason I was let go from Target was for falsifying documents. I had come in to work and not clocked in one morning and when I did my punch correction I put that I had come in at 7am and my ETL HR checked the tape and said that I had actually come to work at 7:07 and putting the incorrect time on a punch correction form is a fireable offense. I had no coachings, write ups, finals, anything. I just made one dumb mistake and was let go after 2 years of working with them. I honestly was a good employee, was a cashier then became a GSA and did Sales Planners for the rest of the store, help Plano out with resetting aisles and would reset the entire front lanes on my own when the time came every couple months.

I just feel that she is saying no because I guess I showed her up a lot. I would talk to her a lot about best practice because she and her team rarely followed it. And would also call her out on accountability so I feel as if she is just saying no because she just doesn't want to deal with me anymore.

I didn't know any other way to get an answer to this because she never really seems sure of her answers and I don't know anyway to contact people higher then her.

Any help is very much appreciated! Or if you can find out by asking YOUR higher ups if you can! Thank you!!!!!

So you showed up her and called her out? The HR ETL? Yeah you won't be hired back at that store and by the slim chance you are you won't make it through your 90 days.

Not like that hardcore, just you know like small things like I asked her about lateness policy one time and she said there isn't one, you have to be exactly on time or you can be coached for being late, so I showed her the best practice. Things like that, she never showed that she got upset or anything but people in general get upset from that.

Also if I can get hired back I'm asking if its a Target policy, or if it is just her being the reason why I can't be hired back then I'll wait till she transfers, her time to move up the totem pole to somewhere else is coming up o_O

Annie, are you around?

Reds, why would you want to go back to the store that fired you? Do you really want to deal with that ETL-HR again?

Yeah I really don't think it will be that bad. And she is leaving very soon so I wouldn't have to deal with it for long.

It is spot policy, 5 minutes or less after your schedule time, you not consider late. The op got busted on following facts:
1. being 7 minutes late & not telling lod. It must of been etl-hr, the lod.
2. doing false documents(your punch correction). Most serious one.
I think your status with spot is nonrehirable. I am fairly certain there was other things that factored into your dismissal. The Stl was inform of your violations & supported the etl-hr decision.
Was your last review, an "ie"?

Lol my last review was an ee. I introduced wic to my store. I did a lot things for the store there were no other factors against me other then her own issues with me from whatever. I just want to know if it is up to the hr or if it's a target thing.

Give your ETL-HR a call.. or your STL. Nobody here can tell you your status at that store.

Even tho it was a single, isolated incident, it's the most serious one. Likely not rehireable since STL supported your termination.
As a GSA, you're held to a higher level of conduct than a mere TM.

It was not an isolated incident. There is more to this story. FYI, you aren't getting hired back at that store....

I will guarantee that your term status is non--rehireable with any store. That status is visible on your application - the part about going to a different store is completely wrong.

Not that you cannot be rehired - but seriously, it wasn't worth falsifying documents, right?
Why would you want to go back now? You have lost your job for changing your time by only a few minutes.

Sorry dude, you gotta be honest.

Yeppers! All etl's & Stl can view videos on guests & tm's at anytime.

My feeling is that the only reason she checked the tapes was because there was an investigation opened up against you, by AP. ETL's and STL's are not suppose to be using camera's to monitor TM actions or performance, unless partnering with AP or the IC. Thats a termination offense, without that partnership. I agree with other though, theres got to be some other information that were not hearing. Your status will most likely be Non-rehirable, and there will most likely be no chance for you to work in any Target store again.

There really isn't more to the story. She was tipped off from an HR team member when they called me and asked what time I had started on that day and I had stated I can't remember, what time was I supposed to work and they said seven. So I said ok I guess that. Then the HR team lead called me and said that that team member said she was going to go to our HR ETL because I was marked late that day and said I was on time to her. I told the team lead I didn't mean to lie and that I said I was not sure and that you can change it to whatever the correct time is I don't know how to tell you the correct time if I can't remember. She said ok I'll talk to her. Next thing I know ETL HR calls me up and bam.

But you did fill out a punch correction saying 7:07am, didn't you? Now you are saying you didn't fill out that document? Which is not correct?

I had come in to work and not clocked in one morning and when I did my punch correction I put that I had come in at 7am and my ETL HR checked the tape and said that I had actually come to work at 7:07 and putting the incorrect time on a punch correction form is a fireable offense.
I would talk to her a lot about best practice because she and her team rarely followed it. And would also call her out on accountability so I feel as if she is just saying no because she just doesn't want to deal with me anymore.

Some inconsistancy here.
Also seems like you alienated the whole HR team. You never wanna tick off the folks who handle any/all aspects of your paycheck & personal info.
As far as getting back in at spot, you're pretty much toast.

Nah, at my store they called people on the Sunday of payday week who had missing punches and asked them. There it was the same as filling one out, they just did it for you I'm assuming. And I did not alienate the whole HR Team. I was friendly with them all. The one who told the HR ETL was just doing her job and I'm hoping just sent the email to the ETL before her TL had a chance to talk to her.

I don't know if it's every store, but at my store anything less than 10 minutes is not considered late. So you should not have been considered late anyway. And the fact that HR keyed it in for you makes it seem like it's not your fault, because they obviously had the ability to check what time you started.

I have three theories about this situation:

1.) There's more to the story, such as: you called and told them you were going to be late that day but decided not to punch in.
2.) You were a bottom performer and the entire leadership team was watching your every move, waiting for possible Coaching, Counseling, and Corrective Action behavior.
3.) The HR was unethical and blatantly targeted you to get rid of you for personal reasons.

Honestly, it doesn't matter at this point. It's time to get another job and stop worrying about Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back