Question regarding ETL two week notices

Would love some insight on this as to how Target does things -

I joined in the last 6 weeks and recently completed EIT ( ETL) training and start my home store this week. However, in my last week I received a great offer with better Work/ Life balance and in a field I'd really like to get more experience in.

My question here is if I turn my two weeks' notice in on my first report date as salary, are they more likely to tell me to go pound sand and not work the two weeks or allow me to work it? What is Target's usual procedure with ETL's who put in their 2 weeks?

I've seen several ETL quit. Forced to work the 2 weeks and treated like a tm given a list of projects then SD actually makes sure you do them.

Would love some insight on this as to how Target does things -

I joined in the last 6 weeks and recently completed EIT ( ETL) training and start my home store this week. However, in my last week I received a great offer with better Work/ Life balance and in a field I'd really like to get more experience in.

My question here is if I turn my two weeks' notice in on my first report date as salary, are they more likely to tell me to go pound sand and not work the two weeks or allow me to work it? What is Target's usual procedure with ETL's who put in their 2 weeks?
Depends on your new sd.

Go to workday.
Go,to your profile
3 dots upper right side
Click job Change
Click Resign
Also make a copy, sign it, scan it, and email it to yourself.

Does your job even know your work at Target?

If your potential new job is in your field (non retail) it won't matter that you ever worked at work at Target.

I would set a new firm start date with your new job IN WRITING and tell them you could start in two weeks or POSSIBLY earlier.

The new role is not in retail, so no they don’t know.

I think I’ll have a game plan using the last post as my basis and just give them short notice. I just feel bad because they all seem great but first day in and I’m already being buried in stuff I need to catch up on.

Just quit, Target will not tell future employers. don’t waste any more of Target time and money investing in you. Training is an expense to Target, not an asset. No reason for them to continue training you. They should cut you loose when you give notice. Move on, now.
It’s a bit greedy of you to want 2 MORE weeks pay after you have flushed 6 weeks pay away for simply watching someone else do the job.

Last edited:
So true: Training is an expense to Target, not an asset.

For example hardly anyone at night in store knows how to make the bale.
Oh, I didn’t mean training isn’t VALUABLE. My point was simply that the OP was paid to train for 6 weeks - not making very much of a contribution DURING THAT TIME - being strictly an EXPENSE without YET being an asset. After one week of being expected to complete the ‘real’ job, he is quitting.

The comment OP made about: “first day in being buried in stuff to catch up on” Made me laugh. His poor store was probably waiting for him for 6 weeks and now will have to wait ANOTHER 6 weeks for someone else ! THAT person will have MORE to catch up on by then !

Oh, I didn’t mean training isn’t VALUABLE. My point was simply that the OP was paid to train for 6 weeks - not making very much of a contribution DURING THAT TIME - being strictly an EXPENSE without YET being an asset. After one week of being expected to complete the ‘real’ job, he is quitting.

The comment OP made about: “first day in being buried in stuff to catch up on” Made me laugh. His poor store was probably waiting for him for 6 weeks and now will have to wait ANOTHER 6 weeks for someone else ! THAT person will have MORE to catch up on by then !
Great point.

Our store waited for TWO MONTHS to get a replacement ETL and it was a transfer from another store.

In the meantime one of our other ETLs quit!

Back