Archived questions for Price Accuracy/Plano team members

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took 4 trucks a week but there was also pfresh trucks 3 days a week. My good team members worked 5, 5 hour shifts a week and it was pretty easy to pick up extra hours. I always asked some to stay. My better team members would also pick up hours on pog and some were cross-trained for pricing but that was only needed at certain times of the year. Some were also cross-trained in the backroom so could pick up hours there to help clean up. I know as of late hours have been cut back but good team members always seemed to get the hours and the most hours available were on flow but that would depend on the store.

What are the schedule like for target employees who work inventory related jobs? Don't price accuracy and planogram team members get the weekends off, or are weekends usually rotated? How about those who work in flow and the backroom? Are schedules set for the most part?

Hello, I'm new to this site. I was hired on as pricing & presentation, for the first month or so I was doing nothing but presentation but now I'm doing more pricing. When I was hired on, they led me to believe I was going to be getting full time hours, I had a meeting with the Store Manager and he said no one besides the TL are guaranteed those hours. The first month I started there I was getting quite a few hours, but now it varies.... I'm lucky to get 8 hours a week sometimes. Which is aggravating because I drive around 50 miles round trip to get to work, so these few hours aren't even paying to put gas in my vehicle.
On another note, I was wondering if it is company wide that one spot seasonal items are "salvaged" and thrown in the compacter? I had to do this last week, I thought the TL's were joking at first. When I questioned why these things weren't donated I was told because they don't get enough tax write off's for those items. It made me quite sick to throw away those items that I know for a fact that some of the charities and schools in our areas could have used them. So what if you only get a few hundred dollars tax write off from it.... and to think that Target as a company prides itself as being charitable and being green... I THINK NOT. I'm am pretty ashamed to say I work for a company that does that.... Any suggestions?

It doesn't sound like it's even worth driving to work for 8 hours a week. How do you survive?

I wish I had a full time job, but they are hard to find at the moment. Big companies and corporations know that the economy is a mess, so they're using every opportunity to exploit that.

Hello, I'm new to this site. I was hired on as pricing & presentation, for the first month or so I was doing nothing but presentation but now I'm doing more pricing. When I was hired on, they led me to believe I was going to be getting full time hours, I had a meeting with the Store Manager and he said no one besides the TL are guaranteed those hours. The first month I started there I was getting quite a few hours, but now it varies.... I'm lucky to get 8 hours a week sometimes. Which is aggravating because I drive around 50 miles round trip to get to work, so these few hours aren't even paying to put gas in my vehicle.
On another note, I was wondering if it is company wide that one spot seasonal items are "salvaged" and thrown in the compacter? I had to do this last week, I thought the TL's were joking at first. When I questioned why these things weren't donated I was told because they don't get enough tax write off's for those items. It made me quite sick to throw away those items that I know for a fact that some of the charities and schools in our areas could have used them. So what if you only get a few hundred dollars tax write off from it.... and to think that Target as a company prides itself as being charitable and being green... I THINK NOT. I'm am pretty ashamed to say I work for a company that does that.... Any suggestions?

Welcome! Ck swap shifts & learn other workcenters for more hours!
An ex-etl hr once said at a huddle, only tl's get full time hours. Tm's are considered part time only.

When your entire store has been cut to 17 hours a week, there is major competition for getting hours in other work centers. Most of us know the other work centers, its just too many "Pick Me!" Pick Me!" hands waving in the air...

It really hasn't been fun, I've had to get creative to be able to survive. Everyone keeps telling me that it should pick up in June but I'm not so sure..... I've been looking for a new job for the past 3 months but I'm not getting anywhere.

On another note, I was wondering if it is company wide that one spot seasonal items are "salvaged" and thrown in the compacter?

My store does this too. We have a sign behind Guest Service that says that One Spot items that are Missed Salvage go in Red Toss rather than Salvage. It seems wasteful and wrong to me too, but to be fair, One Spot items are very cheaply made and break/lose their tags/become useless very easily. To me it seems like they're too lazy to keep track of them because there are so many small items that will end up disappearing anyways. For you Front End types, One Spot items are to the sales floor what change is to the register.

We scan and count each 1 spot item and then they go into the compacter. Our esim/compliance partner told us we get fined if one spot ends up in green salvage boxes. Hence why green price accuracy labels placed on salvage boxes say no see spot save,no hangers,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back