Archived Questions on inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are going to have inventory soon and heard the inventory staff can be a ass if we have no clue what to do. So here's my question.

1. When they yell SKU CHECK! What exactly do I do? I give them a DPCI for the item? What if I can't find it?

2. Does everyone usually have a PDA with them? I know our stores have very little so how can I check the SKU with a PDA?

3. In electronics, is their certain items they should not scan, for instance prepaid mobile cards? itune cards?

4. I'm assuming SKU means the DPCI #, do I also tell them 49 first?

Yes, you give them the DPCI. On clothng and shoes you can find the tag that has the DPCI and read them that. Some HL items have a DPCI printed on them in adition to the UPC.

Yes, preface the DPCI with 49.

If you are doing SKU checks you must have a PDA/LPDA. Don't let them try to make you do SKU checks without one.

Giftcards and the like are not included in inventory since they have no value until activated.

anything that has no barcode or DPCI that you can find, set aside and give to your price change TM who is there. These will be counted later.

Yes, you give them the DPCI. On clothng and shoes you can find the tag that has the DPCI and read them that. Some HL items have a DPCI printed on them in adition to the UPC.

Yes, preface the DPCI with 49.

If you are doing SKU checks you must have a PDA/LPDA. Don't let them try to make you do SKU checks without one.

Giftcards and the like are not included in inventory since they have no value until activated.

anything that has no barcode or DPCI that you can find, set aside and give to your price change TM who is there. These will be counted later.

Thank you, I heard that if we can't find the DPCI or barcode we just give them a similar item with similar value?

Thank you, I heard that if we can't find the DPCI or barcode we just give them a similar item with similar value?

You can. You can also have them scan the barcode on the shelf if you can find where the item is supposed to go. Generally though, even if I do find the item's barcode, I will write down the DPCI and still give it to price change so that it can be reticketed. Also, if you direct them to scan a similar item, and then that section is audited later, you could have a problem because the auditor is going to be looking for the wrong item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back