Quit previously before two weeks notice was completed, but now have interviewed with another store

Long story short. My fiancé a few years ago gave two weeks notice at Target but due to circumstances had to quit before the two weeks notice is up. We sort of thought that would be make him non-rehirable due to job abandonment or something. However in recent weeks he reapplied at a different store and had a interview that went well. At what point in the process would this potential non-rehireable issue arise? Would HR even send the “Youre invited to interview” email if he was listed as non-rehireable?

Thanks

Maybe spot changed their mind. Don’t expect many hours.

The only thing I can think of is the previous store was poorly managed and he was on the ship to store packing team. I’m thinking maybe nobody noticed he wasn’t showing up or if they did nobody bothered to do the paperwork for terminate and not rehireable.

Target changed HR systems last year so if it was before that that he quit and even if he was marked as non rehireable, it's likely HR wouldn't be able to see. Especially if he didn't disclose he worked at Target previously.

He did mark that he worked at Target previously. Ironically I think that’s part of the reason why this store called him in for an interview.

He did mark that he worked at Target previously. Ironically I think that’s part of the reason why this store called him in for an interview.
Oh honey, we don’t look at previous TgT experience as a “plus” we look at it as baggage. By no means it gives your “fiancé” an “edge” ., “good luck” though.

Oh honey, we don’t look at previous TgT experience as a “plus” we look at it as baggage. By no means it gives your “fiancé” an “edge” ., “good luck” though.

I mean the manager he interviewed with literally said they called him because he had Target experience but I guess different strokes for different folks.

Target changed HR systems last year so if it was before that that he quit and even if he was marked as non rehireable, it's likely HR wouldn't be able to see. Especially if he didn't disclose he worked at Target previously.
y understanding is that everything is under your SSN, so even if you don't put down Target experience, it will show up.

My question is why would your fiance want to go back after leaving that shithole. No amount of money or being desperate would ever bring me back. There are plenty of stores and other jobs that are better than this place. Hell everyone is better than working at this awful place.

y understanding is that everything is under your SSN, so even if you don't put down Target experience, it will show up.

I don't think it automatically shows up anymore as a flag? They probably can still check going that route but that might be an extra hoop for HR to jump through though that at least certain stores don't.

My question is why would your fiance want to go back after leaving that shithole. No amount of money or being desperate would ever bring me back. There are plenty of stores and other jobs that are better than this place. Hell everyone is better than working at this awful place.

I mean he understands it’s a sh*tty part time retail job. However at least Target compared similar sh*tty retail jobs actually starts out at a half decent hourly wage. Here in the South, the minimum wage is still $7.25 per hour and sadly many retail stores will start you at that or MAYBE $8.00 if you’re “lucky”.

You may get a 4 hour shift for a whole week.
If it’s anything like when I worked at Kohl’s, they would give the people they didn’t like much like 4 or 8 hours a week in hopes they would get frustrated and quit. They rarely fired people unless it was for like stealing or just not showing up for a shift.

If it’s anything like when I worked at Kohl’s, they would give the people they didn’t like much like 4 or 8 hours a week in hopes they would get frustrated and quit. They rarely fired people unless it was for like stealing or just not showing up for a shift.
Sounds like my store.

Definitely my place. Like nope you are not making me quit. I am here until you get tired of my ugly mug. (or I get a better job)

I need to know the legitimacy of this whole thing about Target HR not being able to see who's flagged as non rehirable due to switching to workday

Ps. Nobody appreciates @Planosss negative replies that contain too many air quotes

HR. Can verify that we don’t have it spelled out whether someone is or isn’t rehire-able. It would honestly be nice though. All we see is a numeric code that we don’t know what it means. IF an applicant lists they previously worked at Target we can call HROC and get start/end dates and termination code. That’s it. We have better luck calling the previous store, they’ll generally let us know if they would rehire the TM or not.

Back