R.I.P. Inbound

The only thing that will change about process store side is the unload. Everything about working the freight will remain. Rather than spending ~20 hours on an unload every day, it will take maybe 30 minutes to unload the pallets off the trailer. From there team members would cut the shrink wrap and load boxes onto a uboat and bring it to the floor to work it.
When I mentioned working off the pallet I was simply saying I was unsure if small format stores worked off pallets or utilized uboats as well.
I’m indifferent. I worked at small format for a year and it honestly didn’t help much. Small formats were only allowed to have them sorted into 5 different custom blocks so they were even sorted well. Unless they palletized by the store set custom blocks it wouldn’t help at a chain store. Chain stores under 50M need to move to flow center for a 1-1 replenishment like we had at my small format and it’s proven to work in large volume around 50M and under

I get 8-9 trucks a week regularly and I have never seen a 3000 piece truck 😯

Took us six hours to unload our 3000 piece truck today with all salesfloor TMs running uboats out with P1 as they filled up.

Took us six hours to unload our 3000 piece truck today with all salesfloor TMs running uboats out with P1 as they filled up.
6h??? No no no 3h yes I would let it go 3 and half , but 6h no way . I would never finish my double of 2800 and 3063 that way . 1000 per hour it’s attainable believe me

I had 2600 today and took me a little over 2 hours. Are you guys short on U-boats? You should have back ups like we have 5 chem custom blocks but I had 16 chem uboats off todays truck. We were able to unload the whole thing without forcing push. I brought a second Chem person in though to make sure it was 100% pushed by store open.

I had 2600 today and took me a little over 2 hours. Are you guys short on U-boats? You should have back ups like we have 5 chem custom blocks but I had 16 chem uboats off todays truck. We were able to unload the whole thing without forcing push. I brought a second Chem person in though to make sure it was 100% pushed by store open.
I can sustain a double if 2500 each with the vehicles I have . But these next few day I’m gonna have to steal the offsite vehicles too in order not to have to push .

I can sustain a double if 2500 each with the vehicles I have . But these next few day I’m gonna have to steal the offsite vehicles too in order not to have to push .
I took a double a couple days ago with 2400 and 2200 and didn’t need to push much, just some P1 stuff that the DBOs pushed while
we did the second unload

Back