Archived Randomly Pulled to Train Fitting Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I usually work Guest Services and my primary work center is Service Desk (my store actually has a service desk work center label) and I love it. I have gotten good feedback about my work at the service desk. Today was extremely slow because of the weather. Everything in my town is closed and even Target closed yesterday because of the weather, but stayed open today. Anyways, all of a sudden my LOD pulled me and told me to train Fitting Room Operator for an hour because they won't have an operator and the service desk will be slow. So I did so. I'm sort of confused though because I always feel like they are trying to replace me and move me to other parts of the store. They call me in for Sales Floor sometimes (I'm not even trained on sales floor, but I've managed to learn it by myself since they call me in sometimes to work it) and now it seems they wanted me to train for the Fitting Room. I asked them to train in all areas of the store because I want to be more global so I'm sure that's all they are doing, but some of the things they say make me question. The other day when I was called in for Hardlines, the next day the LOD asked "Is that something you would be interested in doing more?" I just told her I am happy to learn other areas and I'll work where needed, but I prefer Guest Services Desk more than anything because I feel like I do great at it. Any thoughts?

Cross training is more hours for you. Maybe, your lod is wondering if you doing other things. I would go for anything & remind them that GS is your comfort zone.
In some stores, GS & operator are in the same place.

I'm surprised they wouldn't just have a softlines person work the fitting room. Or if all else fails, have incoming calls ring to Guest Service so you can answer them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back