Archived rant part 2 cart attendant life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done working nearly 12 hours I feel target is using me I work 34 hours a week in the hot sun as cart attendant and it seems I will never leave that position I like working for target but man I feel used and worn out thanks listening to another rant

I once worked a 12 carts shift, but that's because they asked me to. Good cart attendants are hard to come by, so they're reluctant to let go of them. However, if you talk to you HR-ETL and let them know you NEED to be taken off of carts, hopefully they'll listen and find new cart attendants.

Ok, I'm guessing you agreed to stay late/come in early. And I am sure they are very grateful to you. I love my cart attendants.

Yes, the weather tends to suck in the winter and summer, but anyone who applied for the job of cart attendant knew that was going to be an issue as soon as they agreed to the position.

At my store the CA's get a free drink. I always grab a big gatoraid and they requisition it.

There was one time when I was still in my 90 probation period where due to inclement weather I had to be the only closing Hardlines TM and the closing CA in the same night. I gained sooooooooo much appreciation for the CAs that night. You guys and gals can work your butts off sometimes. Made me glad I got hired on as hardlines.

Make sure you've got a good sun hat with a fairly wide brim & sunglasses to cut the glare.
I'm sure kartman can pull some examples of other PPE (personal protective equipment) from his vast arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back