Archived Re-hirable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was a recent seasonal TM, knowing I could just be temporarily employed. I was brought to my TLs office 15 minutes before the end of my shift last week and he informed me as a seasonal TM, “they will not be moving forward with me.” I was still scheduled the next day and one day the following week. I said that’s fine, then this will be my last night then. He said ok. I left his office, clocked out and left my name tag on the counter and left. Although I did an excellent job and I knew this could happen as a seasonal, I still feel he “didn’t move forward” with me because he didn’t like me. He was caught in a lie and harassed me to the point of having to make a report to HR. Do you think I could still be considered re-hirable at a different target store in the future? Or does he have the ability to ruin my chances?

From what you've said, sure - you're rehirable.

“they will not be moving forward with me.” That sure is a shitty way to say that. Good thinking, Spot.

You didn't work your last 2 scheduled shifts. I don't think they would rehire you, but I could be wrong.

Unless the TL is a dick - they said OK, so she shouldn't have been marked as un-rehirable. The TL was prolly happy to free up some more hours for the ones they wanted to keep anyway.

It depends on how your ETL wants to classify you in the system. Since you didn't work your last scheduled shifts, they'd be in their right to classify you as non-rehireable. However, I agree with the posters above that that would be a dick-ish move. Sounds like they were prepared for you to say that and didn't really want you to work your last two shifts.

Either way, if you re-apply and interview in the future, they will ask you why you left. Don't bring up re-hireability status, unless they bring it up first. And don't say anything about just not wanting to work your final shifts once you found out you were being let go.

It depends on how your ETL wants to classify you in the system. Since you didn't work your last scheduled shifts, they'd be in their right to classify you as non-rehireable. However, I agree with the posters above that that would be a dick-ish move. Sounds like they were prepared for you to say that and didn't really want you to work your last two shifts.

Either way, if you re-apply and interview in the future, they will ask you why you left. Don't bring up re-hireability status, unless they bring it up first. And don't say anything about just not wanting to work your final shifts once you found out you were being let go.

Thank you. Yes, he had already made a lot of dick-ish moves so that’s what I’m worried about. If I reapply at a DIFFERENT store in the future, should I just tell them I was seasonal and after Christmas I was “let go”, “no longer needed?”

As I previously stated in another thread on this same topic- If you don't like how you were fired, talk to HR. If you want to fight it talk to your HRBP. Otherwise, wait and apply at another target later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back