Archived Reasonable expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never assume what someone knows. That's a moot point. Update your LOD, rather than try and prove a point later on.

Sorry I wasn't clear, but when you and or the GSTL updates and traffic is heavy they need to get people to backfill not just blame the TM for not being superhuman. :)

I think not finishing the pull until 8:30 is the kicker. That should've either been done before the closer showed up (or by 6 at the latest) or put back on the line for the next day.
What is this ‘put back on the line for the next day’? In my wildest dreams we wouldn’t be allowed to do that lol.

Also, there’s times when the 3’s aren’t even done being pulled til 8pm, so CAFs on the floor late isn’t terribly out of place at my store.

Here’s how my night went. I’m closing tlod, I have someone in electronics, someone in toys, someone in pharmacy and chems, someone in beauty, someone in pets and paper, someone in stationary, myself in domestics. Closers scheduled til midnight. Lod and I got out at 1. Picking up the pieces and finishing reshop. Fuck this week, we are getting shopped so hard and the numbers don’t even reflect it.

Doesn’t help that overnight reset curtains, but decided to demerch it then leave it fucking empty with the product backstocked for me to discover at 7pm. I also had to flip 4 loaded as fuck end caps before leaving since it’s my closing weekend and I know I won’t have time before Monday.

Kind of want to transfer to a lower volume store.

Last edited:
What is this ‘put back on the line for the next day’? In my wildest dreams we wouldn’t be allowed to do that lol.

Also, there’s times when the 3’s aren’t even done being pulled til 8pm, so CAFs on the floor late isn’t terribly out of place at my store.

Here’s how my night went. I’m closing tlod, I have someone in electronics, someone in toys, someone in pharmacy and chems, someone in beauty, someone in pets and paper, someone in stationary, myself in domestics. Closers scheduled til midnight. Lod and I got out at 1. Picking up the pieces and finishing reshop. Fuck this week, we are getting shopped so hard and the numbers don’t even reflect it.

Doesn’t help that overnight reset curtains, but decided to demerch it then leave it fucking empty with the product backstocked for me to discover at 7pm. I also had to flip 4 loaded as fuck end caps before leaving since it’s my closing weekend and I know I won’t have time before Monday.

Kind of want to transfer to a lower volume store.
Holy shit I can relate. I didn't check our sales goal until the end of the day today. and I was 100% expecting to see that we murdered that thing. Nope, we made our goal and exceeded it but it wasn't by that much.

Only good that came from today was our ETL Hardlines making it obvious if I wasn't there she would have been lost. That always feels good lol.

I was TLOD tonight, first night closing in A&A; it was a dumpster fire. Couldn't keep up on reshop, there was still truck to push when I got in and the store was trashed.

We also had a visit from our DTL earlier in the day. He scolded us for having a vehicle at FR, said we have to put stuff away as it's called out by GS. He also said GS should be folding & hanging A&A reshop. If we did that, especially this week, we'd never get the truck pushed.

Holy shit I can relate. I didn't check our sales goal until the end of the day today. and I was 100% expecting to see that we murdered that thing. Nope, we made our goal and exceeded it but it wasn't by that much.

Lately it feels like we should have slaughtered the goal, and we’ll have missed it by $10k. The other thing is so many damn towels are clearance, the lower price and margin on those is driving down my sales comps. Same with bedding, between Xhilaration being clearance and a missing pog shit show with comforters.

I’m also sick of being asked about negative overall HL comps that are being murdered by negative 114% automotive comp and negative 83% negative for whatever category furnace filters and smoke detectors are; those are over by sporting goods and owned by another (Sr)TL and ETL, and when I asked their TMs to try and at least get a better zone through that aisle I was bitched at.

I was off today, but if I go in friday, and get coached for not getting my shit done, when it clearly wasn't my fault, the hotline is getting called.

I never thought about this. Often I feel like I’m literally not being given the resources I need to succeed. Huge example of this is dry grocery. Lately they’ve been given a lot more payroll, at my expense. Every morning on the grid I see an opener for hardlines, with a shift tag ‘dry’; at night, I usually have less closers than ever; last night was a big exception. I worry if I approach ETL HR about it he’ll bring up that I get someone in hardlines at 10am now instead of 11am, but I need more than that. Give me someone at 8am please! Or give backroom the payroll to have a mid who can pull discontinued for us? We had someone transfer in and he was surprised that TLs have to pull their own discontinued, said BR did it at his previous stores. Lucky bastards.

I was cornered by an ETL last week towards the end of my shift and asked ‘what did you do all day?’. I literally spent my day helping guests and backing up, and told her this and her response was ‘that’s everybody’s job, that’s not an excuse’. Next time she’s lod I won’t respond to any backup and when called out on it I’m going to tell her that’s everyone’s job, sorry I was busy doing mine.

I was TLOD tonight, first night closing in A&A; it was a dumpster fire. Couldn't keep up on reshop, there was still truck to push when I got in and the store was trashed.

We also had a visit from our DTL earlier in the day. He scolded us for having a vehicle at FR, said we have to put stuff away as it's called out by GS. He also said GS should be folding & hanging A&A reshop. If we did that, especially this week, we'd never get the truck pushed.

I feel for you majorly. There’s no way our GS would ever fold or hang softlines reshop lol. We’re lucky they sort it by bin.

Being a hardlines TL, I have to admit the nightly dumpster fire that is softlines has grown to be useful to me because they never finish on time, giving me and the hardlines closers time to come clean on reshop and keeping the lod out of our hair lol. Those extra 5 minutes after midnight or 1am can make a HUGE difference in having the squad kill one last cart of reshop. I’m not afraid to have a closing email with a big list of things softlines didn’t finish on there, luckily the ETL for over there doesn’t get mad at the lod and tlod for it.

Lately it feels like we should have slaughtered the goal, and we’ll have missed it by $10k. The other thing is so many damn towels are clearance, the lower price and margin on those is driving down my sales comps. Same with bedding, between Xhilaration being clearance and a missing pog shit show with comforters.

I’m also sick of being asked about negative overall HL comps that are being murdered by negative 114% automotive comp and negative 83% negative for whatever category furnace filters and smoke detectors are; those are over by sporting goods and owned by another (Sr)TL and ETL, and when I asked their TMs to try and at least get a better zone through that aisle I was bitched at.

I never thought about this. Often I feel like I’m literally not being given the resources I need to succeed. Huge example of this is dry grocery. Lately they’ve been given a lot more payroll, at my expense. Every morning on the grid I see an opener for hardlines, with a shift tag ‘dry’; at night, I usually have less closers than ever; last night was a big exception. I worry if I approach ETL HR about it he’ll bring up that I get someone in hardlines at 10am now instead of 11am, but I need more than that. Give me someone at 8am please! Or give backroom the payroll to have a mid who can pull discontinued for us? We had someone transfer in and he was surprised that TLs have to pull their own discontinued, said BR did it at his previous stores. Lucky bastards.

I was cornered by an ETL last week towards the end of my shift and asked ‘what did you do all day?’. I literally spent my day helping guests and backing up, and told her this and her response was ‘that’s everybody’s job, that’s not an excuse’. Next time she’s lod I won’t respond to any backup and when called out on it I’m going to tell her that’s everyone’s job, sorry I was busy doing mine.

I feel for you majorly. There’s no way our GS would ever fold or hang softlines reshop lol. We’re lucky they sort it by bin.

Being a hardlines TL, I have to admit the nightly dumpster fire that is softlines has grown to be useful to me because they never finish on time, giving me and the hardlines closers time to come clean on reshop and keeping the lod out of our hair lol. Those extra 5 minutes after midnight or 1am can make a HUGE difference in having the squad kill one last cart of reshop. I’m not afraid to have a closing email with a big list of things softlines didn’t finish on there, luckily the ETL for over there doesn’t get mad at the lod and tlod for it.

And they wonder why when I'm hardlines, u tend not to respond to backup. It's because I want to get my shit done

And they wonder why when I'm hardlines, u tend not to respond to backup. It's because I want to get my shit done
I don’t get mad at my team when they don’t get things done due to backing up all day. I get mad at HR for scheduling shitty and I get mad at the TMs that call off. We’re zero tolerance for attendance right now, one call off gets you a coaching, or 2 minor lates or 1 major late do too. NCNS gets you a CCA. We’re a $55-60m store, and we’ve had 2 days this week with ZERO call offs. Amazing what happens when you hold the team accountable.

WHAT?!? Are you kidding?
Yeah. Our store has applied this practice as well. We've got a Z-rack and a set of wire shelves for softlines reshop, a couple sets of metal shelves with sterilite tubs for OPU, and a couple shopping carts for the entire rest of the store. Our GS area looks like an absolute disaster to me. Worse than a garage sale. I cannot believe this is what they now consider to be brand.

The especially annoying part of this new SL policy is that when one of their people comes up to collect, they dump it all in a red cart anyway. Which means they need to re-sort it all. So why am I wasting my time??

He also said GS should be folding & hanging A&A reshop.

This would be a huge time-saver !!! I wish they incorporated this "rule" at my store. Folded? yay! Hanging? yay-yay!! Ticketed ? yay-yay-yay !!! Maybe then GS would stop returning items from Walmart, H&M, Old Navy, etc.

This would be a huge time-saver !!!

Time saver for you, perhaps. It slows us way down. And we don't always know what's supposed to be hung vs. folded, which means we may be creating more work for both of us by hanging stuff that should be folded.

That said, though, the only time I've sent something back to SL without a tag is because I couldn't figure out how the hell to attach it, and I've folded the item around the tag so the FR team can take care of that. We don't always have a functional tag gun at the desk.

90% of tagless clothes goes in our price accuracy bin, even if it's not clearance or rewrap. So annoying. It's like they think we are the only people in the store who can see the little DCPI tags.

Off topic, I absolutely LOVE your userpic, @vngoghlvr . Starry Night is my favorite painting, and I'm working on a cross stitched version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back