Archived Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you have help at anytime during the day, or are you always on your own?

Also, Anyone know a part number for a Baler handle extender?

I think larger volumes might have an extra hand at certain busy times but my store is B-volume and we typically get 44 hours for the week for Reverse Logistics.

I think larger volumes might have an extra hand at certain busy times but my store is B-volume and we typically get 44 hours for the week for Reverse Logistics.

Yup just depends on your volume. My old store had 64 reverse logistic hours.

I’m at a low volume store. We have a full time receiver with a HLTM trained to work receiving on weekends or when the receiver takes time off.

I’ve seen higher volume stores with only one receiver though.

i do it all solo on 40 a week
how do you know what your stores volume rating is?
i think we get 5-6 trucks a week not counting fdc

nope, solo at our B level. With plenty of time to flap his gums and avoid helping with trash/ cardboard/ anything away from his desk involving work.

I’m at a low volume store. We have a full time receiver with a HLTM trained to work receiving on weekends or when the receiver takes time off.

I’ve seen higher volume stores with only one receiver though.
What volume are you? C volume here and it's just me for 30 hours a week. And a trained backup to cover my vacations who can sort of handle checking in deliveries, nothing else. And maybe one or two other people who I could trust to handle an ADSD delivery at most, but only if there wasn't an audit involved or anything like having to look up the shipment ID on Workbench.

Circle9 I wonder if your store is taking the hours allocated for receiver and giving them to truck

I’m drowning.
7 trucks a week(not holiday time) I can’t remember our volume at the moment... A+?
I’m tired, have no support, leadership doesn’t understand or care about my role. Sad, because we end up losing sales, inventory, increasing loss and causing safety issues the more receiving gets overlooked. I’m almost positive they are withholding receiving hours, feeding some line of crap and using hours elsewhere

I work 40 and Saturday vendors are banging the door down when they haven’t been scheduling anyone

A volumes only get 40 to 44 receiving hours. You're about right

I’m drowning.
7 trucks a week(not holiday time) I can’t remember our volume at the moment... A+?
I’m tired, have no support, leadership doesn’t understand or care about my role. Sad, because we end up losing sales, inventory, increasing loss and causing safety issues the more receiving gets overlooked. I’m almost positive they are withholding receiving hours, feeding some line of crap and using hours elsewhere

I work 40 and Saturday vendors are banging the door down when they haven’t been scheduling anyone
i hope it gets better for you soon
not having enough or any support makes the job so frustrating but the work still has to be done :mad:

my store doesnt really do saturday vendors other than frito when needed

Circle9 I wonder if your store is taking the hours allocated for receiver and giving them to truck
I wouldn't doubt they're messing around with the hours considering one of receiving's few "wins" right now is payroll.

I was in an A volume as Receiver and always got 40 but rarely got help. If anything I was expected to help Backroom/Flow sometimes because our SrTL was in panic mode. But the ETL usually put him in his place if things got too crazy that it was affecting my department performance.

I think my store is B volume, and I do everything by myself. For a few weeks they've been cutting me down from 40 to 36-37 hours which isn't too bad.

No truck hours for me next week and Friday I'm not scheduled for receiving at all. And I'm certain nobody else is either.
My store has done that before in their eagerness to fuck over our main receiver. Unfortunately most of our vendors also service the Walmart a few stores down, so they're used to random bullshit like finding the dock is closed for absolutely no reason, and they usually don't put up a fight about dock hours.

My store has done that before in their eagerness to fuck over our main receiver. Unfortunately most of our vendors also service the Walmart a few stores down, so they're used to random bullshit like finding the dock is closed for absolutely no reason, and they usually don't put up a fight about dock hours.
Yeah, I've heard of the shit Walmart has done regarding deliveries here too. Plus they're used to having to deal with all the shit that happens when I'm not here. So I feel less bad about how I'm planning to keep my mouth shut and see if anyone notices the schedule. Especially since I'm trying to get that week after off as well and I'd love to start my vacation a little early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back