Receiving Questions

Hello everyone!

I just agreed to be our stores receiver. I’ve been inbound for about 5 months, but we have been without a receiver for about a month. They are not sending me to train, because I’ve regularly been helping out - so, they gave me contact info for close by stores. But, I’m not familiar with sending items back.
My questions are- They have a lot of the pulled movie batches to send back, but no one knows how or what to do to send them back. They are just on two pallets in repack boxes. Can someone explain what I need to do from there to process and get them out of the building?
They also have a uboat with some recall and mir items on it. What should I be doing with those??
Thank you all very much!!

Since your leaders won't send you off to train (a two week plan when I did it), the receiving portal on Workbench and myDay's help/chatbot feature (basically myHelp) are your best go-to resources.

My questions are- They have a lot of the pulled movie batches to send back, but no one knows how or what to do to send them back. They are just on two pallets in repack boxes. Can someone explain what I need to do from there to process and get them out of the building?

Completed pulls can be processed in the RevLog app. For each batch, you will create a shipment on your store's UPS CampusShip or FedEx account. Ask your leaders (HR in particular) if they have the login info or know where your former receiver may have filed it. I know that you can at least retrieve the username for these accounts via myDay help/chatbot, so that's an option too.

Hopefully the repacked merchandise was kept separate by vendor and batch. To figure out if an item belongs to a particular batch, simply tap near the bottom of the screen to pull up information for items in the batch and scan the barcode or enter DPCI. Be sure to read the instructions in RevLog carefully as many vendors want an authorization number written on the box, and only ship stuff out in SFS boxes unless noted otherwise. Most vendors want it shipped via UPS or don't specify a preference, and a few prefer FedEx. Depending on your store's operations, you may have to arrange a pickup in whatever account you use.

They also have a uboat with some recall and mir items on it. What should I be doing with those??

Hopefully they kept the printout for each recall/QA batch, assuming they've been processed (unprocessed QA batches are always listed at the top in RevLog). If not then you're going to have to look up each DPCI in a spreadsheet on workbench, I believe the filename is "QA IRs issued" or similar. For each DPCI read the current/final disposition in the spreadsheet and follow that.

If you can't figure out what to do with the non-QA inventory removal items, it might be best to backstock the merch and request a new IR batch via chatbot.

Last edited:
Back