Recording A fight in the store

A team member of mine was recording an incident at our store and is now being put on CA for it. In the handbook it says nothing about recording or taking pictures of something. The video was only sent to two managers. Is this allowed to be put on CA or possibly fired. Need answers quick!

Were they on the clock? You shouldn't be using your phone on the floor while on the clock unless you're helping a guest. It can be considered loafing, which is a CCA and fireable offense. Additionally, there shouldn't be a reason that a TM had to record the fight, for what purpose? We have cameras for a reason lol.

Were they on the clock? You shouldn't be using your phone on the floor while on the clock unless you're helping a guest. It can be considered loafing, which is a CCA and fireable offense. Additionally, there shouldn't be a reason that a TM had to record the fight, for what purpose? We have cameras for a reason lol.
yes they were, a manger asked them to record it though and they have proof of it.

yes they were, a manger asked them to record it though and they have proof of it.
I find that hard to believe. But if it is, they need to talk to their ETL HR or SD so that leader can get talked to you. There's literally no reason for the TM to record it, not to mention it looks really bad from the public's perspective. Assuming the fight was guest on guest, a leader or AP should have called the police and dealt with it from there.

A team member of mine was recording an incident at our store and is now being put on CA for it. In the handbook it says nothing about recording or taking pictures of something. The video was only sent to two managers. Is this allowed to be put on CA or possibly fired. Need answers quick!
Actually in the handbook it says not to do this. I don’t have it on me but I def remember a section about recording, it’s a no no because we don’t have permission so it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Ap has a million cameras, no reason we ourselves need to record.

Noone can record or take pictures. Not guest or people working for Target. 100% not allowed for security purposes. Target is private property. Maybe not enforced all the time but it’s the rules.

Back