Archived Registry kiosk printer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstm1854

gaining experience
Our two registry kiosks often are not working, sometimes they work but do not print, other times they are down completely. How can we take items off a registry when purchased? Sometimes we are able to print from the HR computer to that printer, but that does not always work. We can also access the registry on a smart phone or ipad, but we are unable to print or scan those.

OK, maybe I can scan the barcode on at the top of the registry when viewing it on the Target Mobile app. Or by going to the full site, finding the registry and selecting the print link, then the view online button. That brings a traditonal barcode on top of the registry.
I'll have to try these when I go in later today.
However, there is another issue with non-printing registry kiosks. That is when a registry is created online and the guest comes in to scan items to add items to the registry, the registry scanner does not recognize the barcode on a screen. Without the printout, the scanner could not be matched with the registry.
Does anyone have any ideas how to bypass this problem?

Our kiosks have been doing this too...

It will get to the screen where the guest will print and the screen will dim (or "ghost") slightly and it will not print. It will time out or display a "This program needs to quit" box appears.

Other times, the print box will appear (like if you were printing off a PDF or document) and the guest will press it in the wrong spot, causing the box to go behind the kiosk window... and you have to wait for it time-out and try again.

I have found that using the "print" button instead of hitting view (then print), it won't happen as much... But it will still act up.

Calling CSC yields no results... They just keep telling me to turn it off and back on.

This is KILLING our surveys... Most people don't want to download the app or don't have a smart phone. And while we try to save the sale by printing off an office computer, they still get mad when they have to wait.

"Registry kiosk: paper jam. Last request incomplete. Who's responding?"

My store has this one a lot. And even if the jam is fixed or there's no jam in the first place, the indyme never clears and it drives us out of our ****ing minds.

We had that problem a couple of weeks back...I spent several days running to the TSC to do print outs, which was a pain....especially when the ETLs/SrTLs would be on the computers and not get that while they sat there and chatted, checking their email, looking at sales reports, etc, I was staring at them because a guest was waiting.

"Registry kiosk: paper jam. Last request incomplete. Who's responding?"

My store has this one a lot. And even if the jam is fixed or there's no jam in the first place, the indyme never clears and it drives us out of our ****ing minds.

You must work at my store, that's about half of what I hear over the walkie all day.

Pro tip: If you get the kiosk paper jam Indyme call of death that won't shut up, there is a way to clear it. Enter the TM/technician menu (tap the top right and top left corners of the screen back and forth quickly, you'll look like an idiot until it works). This takes you to a screen with a Team Member button and a Technician button. Hit Technician and the top option on the next page should reference Indyme calls. On the page that takes you to, the right-hand column will clear the selected alert, so just hit Paper Jam and it should pop up a box saying the alert has been cleared, and make a call on the walkie saying so.

You're welcome. I let out a victory scream on the walkie the other night when I got that to work on our problem kiosk. If you don't know, the TM and technician menus also let you do stuff like reboot the kiosk via software, put up an out of service sign on the screen itself, recalibrate the touch screen, all that sort of fun stuff.

^this is the awesome stuff I like to learn & show people when the time is right. Love to blow someone's mind when I know how to do stuff like that. (their faces: :eek:)

Yep. Technician menu is nowhere in the documentation available via Target too, so it's pretty much just word of mouth. Wow your friends and colleagues!

Pro tip: If you get the kiosk paper jam Indyme call of death that won't shut up, there is a way to clear it. Enter the TM/technician menu (tap the top right and top left corners of the screen back and forth quickly, you'll look like an idiot until it works). This takes you to a screen with a Team Member button and a Technician button. Hit Technician and the top option on the next page should reference Indyme calls. On the page that takes you to, the right-hand column will clear the selected alert, so just hit Paper Jam and it should pop up a box saying the alert has been cleared, and make a call on the walkie saying so.

You're welcome. I let out a victory scream on the walkie the other night when I got that to work on our problem kiosk. If you don't know, the TM and technician menus also let you do stuff like reboot the kiosk via software, put up an out of service sign on the screen itself, recalibrate the touch screen, all that sort of fun stuff.

VICTORY SCREECH!

I used that menu a lot back in my front end days.
Saved many a monitor from getting smashed in with a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back