Rehire Fail

BlackSheep214: It was true when I was making the schedule, not that I had access to override anything, but my ETL did and frequently took advantage of it, totally disregarding availabilities and failing to inform anyone of the changes, of course. And chaos reigned…🙄

This happened to me SEVERAL days out of EVERY week when I transferred. I just reapplied and I'm afraid that had something to do with not getting rehired. I left Target after a few years, in good standing (I moved). Also put in my two weeks notice, after which all my hours were cut to zero. When I went to rescind my two weeks notice so I could transfer to a store where I moved (I didn't have any child care arrangement at the time of resignation letter), I was told I had already been terminated! I tried to contact corporate to see if there's anything they could do to reverse it, but basically nothing could be done. Among other issues, this would mean I would have to start over at base pay instead of the significantly higher rate I had earned since the start of my Target career. Everyone I talked to referred me to the hotline so I did call them. After they wrote the report and before submitting it, they read it back to me and it was absolutely nothing close to what I said. I told them I changed my mind I do not want to submit this report please cancel it do not submit it I don't want to do this and this is never what I wanted to do in the first place it's just where I'm continuously being redirected to. But they submitted it anyway! I know because it sent me a confirmation to my email later. However, the code I was given to access it didn't work, so I couldn't even see it! I had already expressed my concern to the HR person (who is the one that terminated me early anyway), who it took 2 weeks to get in contact with by the way, and actually had to call my ETL to get her on the phone. She wasn't very nice and she was actually quite insulting, I'm sure she probably hates me (she definitely already didn't like me) if anything was said to her or any sort of ca taken regarding that report. The early termination would have never been a problem, if I hadn't come back to attempt that transfer! Is there any way to find out why you weren't rehired?

This happened to me SEVERAL days out of EVERY week when I transferred. I just reapplied and I'm afraid that had something to do with not getting rehired. I left Target after a few years, in good standing (I moved). Also put in my two weeks notice, after which all my hours were cut to zero. When I went to rescind my two weeks notice so I could transfer to a store where I moved (I didn't have any child care arrangement at the time of resignation letter), I was told I had already been terminated! I tried to contact corporate to see if there's anything they could do to reverse it, but basically nothing could be done. Among other issues, this would mean I would have to start over at base pay instead of the significantly higher rate I had earned since the start of my Target career. Everyone I talked to referred me to the hotline so I did call them. After they wrote the report and before submitting it, they read it back to me and it was absolutely nothing close to what I said. I told them I changed my mind I do not want to submit this report please cancel it do not submit it I don't want to do this and this is never what I wanted to do in the first place it's just where I'm continuously being redirected to. But they submitted it anyway! I know because it sent me a confirmation to my email later. However, the code I was given to access it didn't work, so I couldn't even see it! I had already expressed my concern to the HR person (who is the one that terminated me early anyway), who it took 2 weeks to get in contact with by the way, and actually had to call my ETL to get her on the phone. She wasn't very nice and she was actually quite insulting, I'm sure she probably hates me (she definitely already didn't like me) if anything was said to her or any sort of ca taken regarding that report. The early termination would have never been a problem, if I hadn't come back to attempt that transfer! Is there any way to find out why you weren't rehired?
Sorry that happened to you. I don‘t think there is any way to find out the actual reason that you weren’t rehired, likely you would be given some generic reason like “needs of the business” or “the position has already been filled”. Good luck in your future endeavors, hope things work out well for you.

Back