Archived Repackage Tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo I realize that when you scan an existing Repackage Tag, it asks you to reprint it at a lower price. Are we supposed to/allowed to reprint that tag to a lower price? Theres a Nikon D3400 orginally priced at 849 and the tag is at 595.. but the reprint tag option on the MyDevice has a dimmed out price of 290? you can enter a different price higher than 290 but you cant go lower? If i printed that out will I get in trouble?
what if I purchase a product that was reprinted to a lower price?

Sooooo I realize that when you scan an existing Repackage Tag, it asks you to reprint it at a lower price. Are we supposed to/allowed to reprint that tag to a lower price? Theres a Nikon D3400 orginally priced at 849 and the tag is at 595.. but the reprint tag option on the MyDevice has a dimmed out price of 290? you can enter a different price higher than 290 but you cant go lower? If i printed that out will I get in trouble?
what if I purchase a product that was reprinted to a lower price?

Not a good idea to mark something down yourself so you can purchase it. That will get you fired; they can track that. We had a girl do that with a tv a few years ago and she was fired immediately. General rule of thumb we use at my store for repackage items is to mark them down every two weeks with the normal price change schedule for that dept. The system will only let you mark an item down so far.

I wouldn’t repackage it to a lower amount, it’s already been repackaged so I would probably just leave it at the original repackage price. And no, please don’t repackage something to a low amount and then buy it, it should be a given that you don’t mark things down to a lower price so that you can buy them yourself

Not a good idea to mark something down yourself so you can purchase it. That will get you fired; they can track that. We had a girl do that with a tv a few years ago and she was fired immediately. General rule of thumb we use at my store for repackage items is to mark them down every two weeks with the normal price change schedule for that dept. The system will only let you mark an item down so far.
That’s a pretty good idea. We don’t have a schedule for them really and we have a bunch. One of our ETLs will usually get bored on her closing night and mark down all the repackages a couple times a month. Also idk if there is a limit because if you keep scanning the lower ticket it will continually get Lower. I’ve had a TM repackage something down to under a dollar that was 500. Obviously not for purchase or sale but just to see how low it lets you go.

Eek. There but for the grace of god go I. Some big&tall size guy returned a bunch of jeans of various sizes (I guess he didn't know his size) and being a Target.com item they all needed repackage tags. I marked them all, put them on the floor, got off work and sat with a drink for the mandatory 15 minutes, and then purchased the pair that were my husband's size.

Eek. There but for the grace of god go I. Some big&tall size guy returned a bunch of jeans of various sizes (I guess he didn't know his size) and being a Target.com item they all needed repackage tags. I marked them all, put them on the floor, got off work and sat with a drink for the mandatory 15 minutes, and then purchased the pair that were my husband's size.

I this particular instance, you followed correct protocol. What I meant was more like knowing you could mark something down further and doing it solely for your own gain, or marking it down multiple times for yourself and not leaving it where a guest could buy it. What you had needed to be marked anyway and you placed it where guests had access to shop it.

That’s fine. It specifically says in the handbook it’s ok to buy repackaged stuff so long as we followed protocol for repackaging (target.com only requires repackage for example)

Depending on how sharp your AP is, you'd be termed in a matter of days at my store.
Lol at my store you’d be lucky to make it a few days. Don’t do it OP

We have to wait 15 minutes? Hmm...
That's what I was told, that an item has to be on the floor available for guests to purchase for 15 minutes before a TM can purchase it.
Edit: And it has to be at its actual location. No putting a video game in Market and then retrieving it and purchasing it after your shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back