Archived Requesting time off - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triscuit

Pricing Ninja
I have a quick question for everyone. Recently at our store ever since we got a new HR-ETL, they have changed the policy for requesting off. In the past, if you requested off a couple weeks or months in advance, it would be approved or not approved rather quickly. Now, they are not approving any time off until the week the schedule is out. So if you request off in may for a vacation you are taking in July, they will not tell you if you are approved/denied until the week they make the schedule. I was just wondering if any other stores had the same practice? I know all stores are different, but I was just curious if this is what most stores do. I am wondering because this is upsetting some of the employees because they make plans, get plane tickets, etc. and they don't even know if they will get the time off.

I really don't see them as requests off. It's more that you are letting them know you won't be there. Put in for the time off, plan your vacation, and go. If you've given them proper notice (as you say, months) then that is a problem they have created themselves. And if they can't act responsibly like normal people or business, they reap what they sow.

That is her being a bitch and they have to approve or deny long before that since the system will auto deny the request if you request it a month or so out.

The requests are in a que in My time so you can check back, to see if approved or denied.

Bitch needs to grow up. Its power tripping plain and simple. A go around is go through your ETL.

I would like to take 5 days off end of June i am afraid to ask bc of all the schedule messes,it is continual. I promised to stay if they took me off weekday nights, they said they would, but its been 3 weeks and no change. When i tried to talk to asst hr lady, she got really upset. I gave het a card to thank her for all things she does. Now she wont even look at me! WTF? I should have never asked to stay on.
Beware HR!!!

I would like to take 5 days off end of June i am afraid to ask bc of all the schedule messes,it is continual. I promised to stay if they took me off weekday nights, they said they would, but its been 3 weeks and no change. When i tried to talk to asst hr lady, she got really upset. I gave het a card to thank her for all things she does. Now she wont even look at me! WTF? I should have never asked to stay on.
Beware HR!!!
Just change your availability in eHR. Mention it to whoever agreed to your not having to work nites anymore that you were following up on your previous conversation and had made the change in eHR. This puts the ball in their court and you will shortly see if they were sincere about the change.

Yeah, this is not a standard practice and in fact is quite rude for those TMs who as you say need to know an answer sooner than that for plane tickets, etc. This is not a policy at most stores and really just sounds like your ETL is power-tripping. I bet if you told him/her the same thing about their own vacation, they'd be pretty pissed. They should treat others as they would like to be treated.

How do Executive request time off for the next months schedule? I remember seeing something different than how I did it as a TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back